Home-made chilli sauce

eddie

Well, I've just spent all of 5 minutes making a small trial batch.

Ingredients

1 red scotch bonnet chilli 

1/2 red onion

12 cherry/vine tomatoes

handful of fresh coriander

juice of 1 lime

4 cloves garlic

Method

Shove the lot in a bowl, give it 15 seconds with my vicious hand-blender, pour into sterilised jam jar.

The Finished Result

It's a beige colour, far too runny too. The taste is very nice - perhaps a little too limey and not quite enough chilli for my asbestos taste buds. The memsahib said "Bloody hell, I'll never taste anything again - how do you eat that?". She's now curled up in the corner of the sitting room sobbing, drinking a glass of cider (not really - it's lager).

Next Time

Use half the amount of lime, double the number of chillies (i.e. stick 2 in) and perhaps lose some of the tomatoes but add a grated carrot to thicken it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Finished Result

It's a beige colour, far too runny too. The taste is very nice - perhaps a little too limey and not quite enough chilli for my asbestos taste buds. The memsahib said "Bloody hell, I'll never taste anything again - how do you eat that?". She's now curled up in the corner of the sitting room sobbing, drinking a glass of cider (not really - it's lager).

Before or after you've eaten it?

Not homemade, but someone I know bought some of this and made me sample it.

http://www.chillipepperpete.com/Dragon%27sBlood-XXX-Ultra-extreme-superhot-naga-ghost-chilli-extract-6.4-million-12million-mega-hot-sauce-paste-dried-seeds-nagaland-hotter-than-hell-satans-****

"http://www.chillipepperpete.com/image/cache/data/DB%20xxx-410x410" alt="DB%20xxx-410x410">

A 5 pence sized drop on a spoon will make you cry, your lips go numb and mouth burn for a good 20 minutes. It's pretty much the hottest chilli sauce you can buy - you can get stronger extract, but you wouldn't be putting that straight in your mouth!

Well, I've just spent all of 5 minutes making a small trial batch.

Ingredients

1 Bhut Jolokia

1/2 red onion

12 cherry/vine tomatoes

handful of fresh coriander

juice of 1 lime

4 cloves garlic

Method

Shove the lot in a bowl, give it 15 seconds with my vicious hand-blender, pour into sterilised jam jar.

The Finished Result

Next Time

Use half the amount of lime, double the number of chillies (i.e. stick 2 in) and perhaps lose some of the tomatoes but add a grated carrot to thicken it.

thaz like ketchup compared to Eddies sauce.

You wait for his fiery drunken temper in a minute, it's about time for him.

For the insane I have altered Eddies and slightly upgraded the chilli.  My sauce is a starter sauce for those who wish to travel the path of ever increasing Scoville's

Archived