Steve McClaren

Day

just stipulating that  no fan deep down would like to see WALLY as new manager ....  , pertaining idolise I was being sarcastic due to the 3 managers I mentioned ...   support a manager yes   we have to give whom ever it is 100%    ...  but should it be WALLY    he will be under immense pressure  ( by his on downfalls  or cv  as people have stipulated )  ..before hes written his first team sheet

Of course he will be under immense pressure. At the moment I don't know who I want to see as manager - I suppose deep down I would say Clough because I wish this hadn't happened, but it has. Asanovic would be my choice out of everybody out there, but that's just not going to happen. A manager who prefers a passing game - and if that ends up being McClaren, so be it.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good appointment from a (very) bad bunch of rumoured names, just hope he doesn't sign hasbeens like Greening, Boateng and Reid.

He will have something to prove after the Florist sin and the QPR fans/players rated him very highly whilst Redknapp recovered from his poorly knee.

Of course he will be under immense pressure. At the moment I don't know who I want to see as manager - I suppose deep down I would say Clough because I wish this hadn't happened, but it has. Asanovic would be my choice out of everybody out there, but that's just not going to happen. A manager who prefers a passing game - and if that ends up being McClaren, so be it.

respect your opinion -  I envisage we.ll all have opinions  to whom ever is appointed  wether there good or bad - martin o'neill  would be my choice  , but funds , wages  and the fact hes possibly on his way to Fulham    means I wont  get my choice 

Total joke appointment. Rush has pressed the self destruct button on the club. There are a handful of posters trying to make out the board and Rush know what they are up to who were anti Clough for a while. Most fans can see the club is heading for Big Trouble. No imagination shown by the board. Awful days.

If your wrong will you say so after we get in the Prem

It's not a case of being right or wrong, we've gone from being a sensibly run club with a long term plan to a complete shambles in 24 hours.  Maybe it will work, but at the moment I'm thinking there's more chance of us being in League 1 next season as the prem, and I'd much rather us stick with what we were doing than take such a massive gamble. 

If in 4 years time we're on our 5th manager who needs two more transfer windows to get his own squad in, but he can't because we're carrying the deadweight of bad signings from previous managers, will you admit you are wrong?

I know McClaren isn't exactly everyone's first choice, but the guy has alot to prove to us fans, the footballing community and himself that he still is a good football manager. 

If he fails with us, then his reputation goes down the loo in my opinion. No other higher league level clubs will want to look at him if he gets sacked by us. McClaren is a massive gamble. This really could make or break our beloved football club.

From The Torygraph. Should be interesting to see how long he lasts with Rush's fat purse then...

"McClaren’s last managerial role in  English football was ironically at East Midlands rivals Forest but he lasted just 112 days after resigning following a row over a lack of financial ­backing.

Clough is understood to be furious with his dismissal as he was working with one of the smallest budgets in the division."

he has every right to be!

Archived