NFL thread

Perky1106

and with that Robert Aguayo pick all of my props have been correct!

Also, Saints have traded up. Exciting.

Gave up a lot to get Vonn Bell, excellent pick at this stage but we have so many holes... giving up 3rd and 4th round seems crazy. Hopefully Loomis has a plan to get more picks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of diva is this Tunsil Dolphins drafted ? I saw a video of his drafting and he is wearing some silly gay shoes that I could expect from C. Ronaldo or D. Beckham. How can anyone take him seriously on the field ?

3 hours ago, Cisse said:

What kind of diva is this Tunsil Dolphins drafted ? I saw a video of his drafting and he is wearing some silly gay shoes that I could expect from C. Ronaldo or D. Beckham. How can anyone take him seriously on the field ?

I don't get why weed is such a big deal though, most students will have tried it, so long as it's not part of a pattern of long-term destructive behaviour why are teams bothered? Imo Dolphins got great value, regardless of his footwear.

Liking the Chargers' draft. We've combined need with BPA quite nicely. Henry can learn from one of the greatest TEs ever and hopefully Tuerk is consistent at C, something we've lacked. It was a shame Kelly didn't fall to us in the second. Bosa was a good pick who will be an integral part of a versatile and powerful front 7. We can now start with

Liuget-Mebane-Bosa

Ingram-Perryman-Te'o-Attaochu

I don't know about you guys but that seems to have a lot of potential. Wouldn't mind beefing up the D-line with Andrew Billings in the fourth. As well as that we have Verrett, Hayward and Flowers at CB which makes for a pretty nice defence. 

5 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I don't get why weed is such a big deal though, most students will have tried it, so long as it's not part of a pattern of long-term destructive behaviour why are teams bothered? Imo Dolphins got great value, regardless of his footwear.

Liking the Chargers' draft. We've combined need with BPA quite nicely. Henry can learn from one of the greatest TEs ever and hopefully Tuerk is consistent at C, something we've lacked. It was a shame Kelly didn't fall to us in the second. Bosa was a good pick who will be an integral part of a versatile and powerful front 7. We can now start with

Liuget-Mebane-Bosa

Ingram-Perryman-Te'o-Attaochu

I don't know about you guys but that seems to have a lot of potential. Wouldn't mind beefing up the D-line with Andrew Billings in the fourth. As well as that we have Verrett, Hayward and Flowers at CB which makes for a pretty nice defence. 

It's because the players agreed to it in the CBA. I'd imagine when the next CBA is up in a few years it might relax somewhat. 

3 hours ago, Srg said:

It's because the players agreed to it in the CBA. I'd imagine when the next CBA is up in a few years it might relax somewhat. 

Ah, interesting, thanks.

Was anybody else surprised that Jaylon Smith went so early, and particularly to the Cowboys? I thought he would drop to the fourth.

7 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Ah, interesting, thanks.

Was anybody else surprised that Jaylon Smith went so early, and particularly to the Cowboys? I thought he would drop to the fourth.

It's the Cowboys and Jerry, nothing surprises me. He will have asked the scouts and medics for numbers on likely hood of him being able to play and jumped at any number bigger than 0%.

Giants draft was interesting. Day 1 was underwhelming picking an Eagles fan at CB. Day 2 was great, spot on. Today has been Ho hum. Not sure why we didn't pick a single player for either trench. I would say I trust our scouting team, but when they draft a RB (to join the other 5 we have) in the fifth round instead of a great value guard pick in Westerman, I'm not sure I do.

Sheldon Rankins, Michael Thomas, Vonn Bell, David Onyemata and Daniel Lasco;

There were periods in the draft where I was a little confused by the trade decisions but I think in hindsight I'm far happier with this draft than previous ones of recent times.

Obviously won't know how good it is for a few years (but might know how bad it is in 1) - I like how we addressed all the needs and didn't make any confusing picks (Lasco as a RB isn't a need really but the whole draft is a lottery, let alone 7th round).

Glad we replaced Colston with a big WR in Thomas, lots of good chatter about Vonn Bell over the last couple of days. 

Onyemata is a very interesting one. Many people surprised at the selection of someone the 'experts' know so little about (a product of Canadian college, the first ever draft pick of Manitoba), especially when they were reminded of the existence of Billings a few picks later, but I take at least a little bit of comfort in the news that the Packers had called Onyemata minutes before the Saints traded up to let him know they were going to take him.

Also highlights the gap between the NFL and the CFL. Onyemata was named the top prospect for the latter's draft.

Overall pretty happy about the Skins draft.Doctson in first round has gotten some very good reviews from analysts and we more than likely will not resign both Garcon and Jackson next year so a new WR was needed.

Cravens and Fuller solid picks as well.The rest were some good value picks also.

Overall I give the Skins a B+.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, r4derby said:

I remember from last year. Having 2 worked, it comes down to preference. You gonna sort the ESPN one? 

I think I started it last year so yeah, I can just renew it.

NFL.com league is live! Head on over to

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=4018133
League ID: 4018133
League Password: clough

Or you can manually go to NFL.com, click on fantasy link, then search for leagues "DCFC Fans", password is same as above.

I've set the draft date for near end of August. This is up for debate. Get your preferences in early, I will book a slot based on consensus, then we will all have time to clear an hour that evening to draft. All welcome, 10 team slots, GO!

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think I started it last year so yeah, I can just renew it.

Great. I've set up a new league as I know some others were interested and some may not want to do it again this year. Let me know how ESPN is filling up, I'll join if you need a team

Archived