Hurry back, Shaun

Leicester Ram

The quicker he's back, the better.

1. See if he's still up to the challenge 

2. Competition at CB

3. Our best leader back on the pitch, will be such a help to the inexperienced fullbacks.

4. Can finally move on as far as CB is concerned. If he's not good enough (or gets injured AGAIN), a CB will be top of Cloughy's buying list. But if he is good enough, we have our favourite Jesus lookalike back.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't shake the feeling that he won't be back, or if he does make a return it'll be for a couple of token sub performances before retiring.

I had a similar injury to him (dislocated knee, torn ligaments etc) and my leg still isnt right - and that was 5 years ago! Granted I didn't have access to the same physio as him, but I wasn't looking to put my knee under quite the same stress as he will be.

I dunno, just get the feeling the club (and Shaun himself) may be facing up to an unpleasant truth soon.

Regardless of anything, I think Clough counting him as CB cover this season is incredibly optimistic.

If he doesn't make a comeback this season then I can't see us doing as well as first expected. Keogh hasn't impressed and our only wins have come against a piss poor Yeovil team that will be the whipping boys, and a newly managed Brighton side that we were lucky to beat. Clough is pinning everything on Barkers return.

I didn't say rush him back, I just said the sooner he's back, the better.

I've always felt Clough is waiting on Barkers return. Never seriously looked into buying a proper partner for Keogh because I feel he's showing faith in Barker and his ability returning. It's nice that he's showing some loyalty to him, but I've felt it's holding us back. Barker's always been 'Club captain', like Clough has always banked that he'll come back.

The sooner the Barker situation is dealt with, the better.

We need another CB in regardless of Barker. I assume he will replace Bucko in the starting 11 but will this mean Keogh suddenly turns into a good defender? I don't think so. It might take the burden of being captain off of him so that night help his focus and performances but it won't improve him to the standard we need IMO. This is also relying in Barker coming back and performing to the standards he set before his injury which is very unlikely and foolish to expect.

Like people have said, we can't afford to wait that long. If we do it'll be another season wasted with talents like Hughes, Hendrick etc more than likely leaving.

Kidding about Clough pinning everything on Barkers return we have a tough program.

No I'm not kidding in the slightest. I believe that Clough has been reluctant to strengthen our defence because Barker is expected to return this season. Our defence is weaker than it was last season, yet we're aiming higher, how?

Clough would have strengthened the defence if Barker had retired last season.

1. No. I can't see him being at all the same player after that injury

2. Need at LEAST 2 loan CB's

3. Agreed. Keogh's had a poor start to the campaign. Seeing Shackell yesterday showed what a proper Captain and cb should be

4. See 2. I just cant see Barker coming back from that the same type of player. Gonna take time...

Archived