All that is wrong with modern English football

CumbrianRam

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he hasn't lifted the lid on anything. The Secret Footballer has already said all of these things,

I never wanted Savage at the club, I never booed him though, but could never bring myself to cheer his name.

I hated how easily fans were fooled by his 'effort' as he ran 40 yards to the keeper, who had the ball at his feet, only to then be blowing bubbles whilst the opposition midfielder ran us ragged. Savage was not an intelligent footballer, and can only convey the basics of football. He's be tied in knots debating on this site for example. 

Apart from the first few games under Clough, Savage was lacking self-discipline on the pitch, not in terms of behaviour, but in terms of conserving energy and playing for the team, but many fans were won over by the 'gestures' over the effectiveness. It was not a surprise to me that 80% of the time, the opposition midfielder was man of the match, as Savage struggled to compete. He only had about 5 decent games, the rest of the time he was chasing shadows and hooking the ball blindly over his own shoulder.

And to think, Jewell binned Matt Oakley, a player of massive integrity and honesty... in favour of this parasite.

Never liked or rated Savage as a player but i actually think he's done football a bit of good by lifting the lid on some of the scams players use.

The only way things will ever change is through openness and honesty. If nowt else, he's started the debate.

Sort of agree mate but he shouldn't have admitted to it himself if he really is ashamed. I wouldn't mention some of the shameful things I've done even on my death bed. I bury them.

But we are all different I suppose.

I didnt like Savage after reading his book. Now after this I just think it confirms what a selfish and egotistical person he is. The stereotypical modern professional giving footballers, like most the Derby lads, a bad name.

If I could believe he really was ashamed then I'd applaud him. But like the secret footballer didnt reveal his identity I think Savage will be loving any attention. However bad.

Tried to like him. Cheered him on through gritted teeth. I even admire how well he did for himself considering he wasn't that good. But he's just a diving Leicester wuss!!

Can't believe how much player power there is.

Was it like this decades ago?

Is anyone really that good that they MUST be in your team? Marlon King? Really? There's got to be other options? Suarez?

I should be in charge. I'd look after you lot. Providing I don't accidentally put you on my ignore list ffs

There is only one reason he did this article and thats to keep himself in the media spotlight. He sat writing that and knew exactly the kind of reaction he would get, Savage knows that the only way he can stay in football is by being controversial. How many ex footballers would write this article that are in the media? Shearer? Owen? not one.

By being controversial you accept that you're going to get stick, me sitting here or tweeting him calling him a c*** would be water of a ducks back, he would laugh at me and drive off in his flash sports car waving his gold card. Nobody on here should try and defend him as he wouldn't want to be defended.

I just wish the BBC would get rid, let him spout his crap in the back of tabloids as the people who read those will lap it up with all the pictures of "celebs" falling out of nightclubs and reality TV stars banging each other. 

It's my choice how I follow football I know but I'm fed up of having to check the TV listings to see if he's on MOTD or Football Focus. 606 is unbearable no matter how many times I try just to listen to the callers.

Obviously some like him and that's why he's still there, but the BBC still show Strictly Come Dancing and that ***** my head how people still watch that.

I know you're not reading Robbie but that 0.000001% chance you are, please piss off to ITV, Ant & Dec are waiting for you in the Jungle.

Archived