Derby County launch Rams Lotto - £7.9 Million estimated jackpot

Rams Lotto

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see the feedback here - we thought we'd try to answer some of your questions around the launch.

Arsenal are signed up as well, they have monthly draws for free tickets, merchandise and training ground visits, how come this isn't on offer for Derby fans?

https://www.arsenallotto.co.uk/app/how_it_works.htm

Arsenal have been partnered with Lotto Network since September 2012. Plans for a similar monthly prize draw for Rams Lotto are underway and Derby fans will be able to win a selection of prizes - in much the same way as offered on the Arsenal Lotto - on a monthly basis in the near future.

Make me wonder how many of you have actually visited the website before slagging the idea off!!! you are actually playing the German national Lottery. Plus money goes to the club and helps pay for the academy etc. It is another way to raise funds via the new FFP agreement.

As I am a lazy linker, check out the FAQ's etc here

https://www.ramslotto.com/app/faq.htm#tellMe

erm did people not continue reading?

only 26% of the £1.50 goes to the academy not "all the proceeds" as they claim in the paragraph before. So in reality only 39p for every ticket sold.

seems to me like another way for the rich to become richer at the expense of others to me.

Rsmini is correct - all the proceeds that the club receives from Rams Lotto go to the Academy, and will be spent on improving player training and youth development at the club - and nothing else.

To put the 26% into context, the Health Lottery contributes 20% in every £1 to good causes. The National Lottery which - as has been pointed out - is raising its price of a Lotto line to £2 this autumn, contributes 28% to good causes, however from the total paid to good causes in the year to 31st March 2013, only 20% of this was to sporting-related projects.

By partnering with Lotto Network, Rams Lotto can offer on average bigger jackpots than the National Lottery, the Health Lottery, and the People's Postcode Lottery combined.

"when you purchase a 'ticket' for Rams Lotto you are placing a bet on the outcome of the German national lottery. This means you can expect on average jackpots of £7.5m with rollovers of up to £40m"

how does that work then?

Rams Lotto jackpots will correlate directly with the jackpots on the '6/49' German lottery on which the draw results are based. As Rams Lotto is powered by Lotto Network, Derby County pays none of the prize money. All prizes are paid in full by Lotto Network to fans in one lump sum, whether they match three numbers or hit the jackpot.

do you have to pay UK tax on any winnings?

No, absolutely not. Placing a lotto bet with Rams Lotto works in much the same way as placing a bet with a high street bookmaker - all winnings are tax-free. :)

Not had anything from the club about my membership of the Rams Club stopping or anything, Are they just going to not take my money anymore?

Can understand the idea but let the RC members know what's happening!

FFP is the sole reason for this and all the other sponsorship elements we now have at the club, it is the future of football

Not had anything from the club about my membership of the Rams Club stopping or anything, Are they just going to not take my money anymore?

FFP is the sole reason for this and all the other sponsorship elements we now have at the club, it is the future of football

The Rams Club weekly draw will continue to operate as usual for the current lottery period, up to and including Week 52, ending 28th September. After this, its operation will cease - you'll receive a formal notification with more details in due course, and in plenty of time before this date.

No mention of the small prize for 3 numbers compared with the newer lottery 3 number prize.

The new £25 prize pot for matching three numbers is a result of the Lotto line doubling in price from £1 to £2. Rams Lotto is not only cheaper to play, but directly benefits your club and also has significantly larger average jackpots.

Let's hope you can be successful in signing up some more clubs to take part.

Any news on other clubs joining?

There are two Premiership football clubs launching within the next month, as well as three more Championship clubs to follow shortly.  :)

That is correct.

I thought the same as Boycie tbh but thanks for explaining it. I've changed my mind now.

Where can I get one?

Me neither - and I have been a member since the day Lifeline started (I think that was about the time of the high court winding-up action pre-Maxwell)

Its all this that cocked up me getting a season ticket, 

joined rams club as I got collared at the door and you got the free rams squad member for my lad so his season ticket is free 

took the ticket office over a month to tell me I couldnt do this to come down and pay it and they will refund me.. 

Archived