Royal Baby

SSD

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ekr, I'm not getting the thing about the everything they stand for is scum comment? Imo that's just laughable.

What's not to get?

An out of date system born out of the pillaging and taxation of the people of Britain, who actually believe (or got people to believe) they were appointed by god. The most backward ploy imaginable, and people still lap it up. It's one of those things in life I really cant get my head around.

Where would you get the balls to go through with it all? I mean, if I found out tomorrow I was descended from royalty and invited to live in Buck Palace or whatever, I'd just feel embarassed. They must all actually believe they're something special, when they've just been fortunate enough to be born into a certain family.

It would be like all the people on your street, being forced to pay for your house and food. When you walked past them every day you would just be embarrased and ashamed (I know people would say, oh marvellous, free life, but in reality if you had a moral compass), but it seems with the Royal Family people are actually happy to pay for them to live a life of luxury. 

But hey, that's the elitist world we live in, just still surprised common folk support it. 

I'm quite happy to pay for the royal family, I also don't really care if they pay for themselves or not, they are part of out history and something I think to be proud off.

There is a lot my money does go on that would be more of a concern that the odd pound that's spent on them.

I dunno, compare it to say a 100 odd page thread about a striker from Dundee and which is worse :-)

Baby queuing without a doubt!

What are they expecting? William holding it off a balcony like Michael Jackson? Most likely be taken out the back door in a blacked out Chelsea tractor. Pictures will be published soon enough.

Johnny Russell tho, what a player!

Like everyone that argues his point, the argument assumes that the royals are the only people capable of using the crown estate productively.

The royal family still owns the estate if thats what your getting at, the government stops paying them then they stop getting profits

I love all the coverage, but I will not listen to Kay Burley. I can't stand that horrible, dire, vile excuse for a woman. So Sky news is out in my house.

The royal family still owns the estate if thats what your getting at, the government stops paying them then they stop getting profits

That's not true.

The estate isnt the private property of the monarch and they have no actual right to the revenue generated by them. They 'own' the estate in a very loose sense of the word. 

Is it out yet?

Bored to fookin death of reading about the baby, the royals and Rooney in The Sun.

Massive crowds outside Buckingham Palace n'all, wtf? Do people actually work? Can you imagine the convo of "come on dear lets go down to Buckingham palace and wait outside for the babies arrival".

If its owt like mine, it'll be in hospital for three days away, hope those people have brought bog roll.

Is it out yet?

Bored to fookin death of reading about the baby, the royals and Rooney in The Sun.

Massive crowds outside Buckingham Palace n'all, wtf? Do people actually work? Can you imagine the convo of "come on dear lets go down to Buckingham palace and wait outside for the babies arrival".

If its owt like mine, it'll be in hospital for three days away, hope those people have brought bog roll.

Read a newspaper with real news in it then.

Archived