Ministry which claimed to cure gays closes, as founder admits he's gay.

Smyth_18

'Gay cure' Christian ministry closes after founder's same-sex admission

"http://db2.stb.s-msn.com/i/ad/e3e39b4e0a4f33993d4dd6468781f/_h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse" title="Alan Chambers. Image: AP (Alan Chambers. Image: AP)" alt="_h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse">

A Christian ministry which claimed for almost 40 years it could ‘cure’ gay people is shutting down after its founder admitted he was attracted to men.

Exodus International, a controversial Florida-based group, made the announcement in a statement on its website, coupled with a personal letter from founder Alan Chambers.

‘For quite some time we’ve been imprisoned in a worldview that’s neither honoring toward our fellow human beings, nor biblical,’ said Mr Chambers.

‘There were several years that I conveniently omitted my ongoing same-sex attractions. I was afraid to share them as readily and easily as I do today. They brought me tremendous shame and I hid them in the hopes they would go away.’

HAHAHA the irony!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was younger and ruder I used to think I could cure gayness as well. Pfft, we all did.

Only ever tried it with the women though ;-) and never found a way to charge for it.

What, as in when a man looks at you he turns straight?

Archived