Justin Rose wins US Open

froggg

Justin Rose has become the first English golfer to win the US Open in 43 years.

The 32-year-old, born in Johannesburg, South Africa, before emigrating to England as a child, clinched the tournament by two shots from main rival Phil Mickelson.

Thousands of people have taken to social media to congratulate the father of two, who has become the first Englishman to win the US Open since Tony Jacklin in 1970 - 10 years before Rose was born.

Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted: "Congratulations to @JustinRose99 in winning the #usopen. The first English winner since Tony Jacklin in 1970."

(sky sports)

kiss-1-942x530

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justin Rose has become the first English golfer to win the US Open in 43 years.

The 32-year-old, born in Johannesburg, South Africa, before emigrating to England as a child, clinched the tournament by two shots from main rival Phil Mickelson.

Thousands of people have taken to social media to congratulate the father of two, who has become the first Englishman to win the US Open since Tony Jacklin in 1970 - 10 years before Rose was born.

Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted: "Congratulations to @JustinRose99 in winning the #usopen. The first English winner since Tony Jacklin in 1970."

(sky sports)

kiss-1-942x530

Good luck to him. By all accounts he is a really nice lad and it's nice to have a bit of English success. Mickelson may be nice, too, but I'd rather a Brit won every time!

Deserved it for the way he played the 18th.

Got to feel for Phil though, destined not to win it.

yes and no regarding Mickelson.

He's won things and had plenty of glory in his career. I'm sure his career won't be deemed as failure cos of this.

yes and no regarding Mickelson.

He's won things and had plenty of glory in his career. I'm sure his career won't be deemed as failure cos of this.

I don't think that not winning a major deems anyone to be a failure - otherwise there would have only ever have been 219 'successes' in the history of golf. Not only that, only 77 have ever won more than 1 - and only 18 have won more than Mickelson.

I don't think that not winning a major deems anyone to be a failure - otherwise there would have only ever have been 219 'successes' in the history of golf. Not only that, only 77 have ever won more than 1 - and only 18 have won more than Mickelson.

Love stats me..... :D

Archived