Derby County players on international duty.

adamdcfc6

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin played just like he did for Derby - very impressive. Made himself available, held the ball, brought others into the game, set chances up. Very good debut.

Martin played just like he did for Derby - very impressive. Made himself available, held the ball, brought others into the game, set chances up. Very good debut.

I didn't see the match, how did Forsyth get on? I noticed young Robertson from Dundee started who is very highly rated. No sign of Forest superstar Danny Fox in the squad

I didn't see the match, how did Forsyth get on? I noticed young Robertson from Dundee started who is very highly rated. No sign of Forest superstar Danny Fox in the squad

Got skinned once towards the end - only had about 15 minutes on the pitch but did ok.

Got skinned once towards the end - only had about 15 minutes on the pitch but did ok.

Fair enough. Thinking back to the start of the season I think most of us would have laughed if we were told he would be called up internationally. Fully deserved recognition for his improvement over this year, hope he takes it on and continues to improve next season.

Yes agree, settled in nicely, looked comfortable, held up good ball on the far side, nice 1-2's, and a couple of balls he did make, he was unlucky that others were not on his wavelength. He had a chance also to score his first goal for Scotland, but put it straight at the keeper and you could see he was disappointed with himself not to do better with his only chance.

The last minute equaliser from Nigeria reminded me a bit like Q.P.R's goal, where Scotland were in control, and were slack and lightweight in conceding at the death.

Archived