Paul Coutts

PrivateDerby

1) acknowldge your opinion might be inaccurate, and cede that someone who's seen more may have a more accurate view

2) post in slightly over opinionated manner a response to someone who has probably seen more and may have a more accurate view, telling them that they're wrong.

How does that work then?  ;)

I think having seen him for 25plus games I can make a judgement on the type of player he is..

The guy isn't creative at all..

And I've seen a fair few of his assists.. They're just hopeful driven balls into the box that has deflected it's way into the path of the striker.. That's not being creative backed with stats..

You would say Nani is a creative player yet the guy has less assists than Patrick Evra

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he has the flair or natural pace to play right wing. Would much rather see a faster lad out there, someone like Lloyd Dyer would fit the bill for me, and Coutts playing in the middle would be my preferred option, espeically with Bryson entering his last year of his contract and not signed a renewal. 

I can see Hughes Hendrick and Coutts being our CM option with Ben Davies a step-in.

Making the way for a wide player. 

My view is that pace is not the problem; if you look at Coutts this season he has 9 assist this season and 7 or 8 of those assists have been along the floor. I think his aerial crossing is very poor. You look at the top teams in the division, Conway at Cardiff is not quick but his delivery is excellent. Same at Watford with Forestieri. 

I am by no means saying pace does not help or it is not needed but sometimes raw pace isn't suited to a team like James Mclean at Sunderland. 

I can see Hughes Hendrick and Coutts being our CM option with Ben Davies a step-in.

Making the way for a wide player. 

My view is that pace is not the problem; if you look at Coutts this season he has 9 assist this season and 7 or 8 of those assists have been along the floor. I think his aerial crossing is very poor. You look at the top teams in the division, Conway at Cardiff is not quick but his delivery is excellent. Same at Watford with Forestieri. 

I am by no means saying pace does not help or it is not needed but sometimes raw pace isn't suited to a team like James Mclean at Sunderland. 

Forestieri is rapid!

I think having seen him for 25plus games I can make a judgement on the type of player he is..

The guy isn't creative at all..

And I've seen a fair few of his assists.. They're just hopeful driven balls into the box that has deflected it's way into the path of the striker.. That's not being creative backed with stats..

You would say Nani is a creative player yet the guy has less assists than Patrick Evra

"http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33927530" alt="33927530">

not creating chances, makes you creative - yet creating chances, doesn't make you creative  :lol:

Archived