13.5k Season Tickets sold for next season

North_Stand_Ram

Or the wage budget will march in step?

Agreed, but then you are in a self perpetuating spiral whereby next year there will be even fewer season ticket sales, sales revenue goes down accordingly, losses go up, next years wage budget is slashed until you get to some critical mass point where it is unsustainable or only sustainable by playing in a much lower league.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there has been phone ins before near ST renewal time, and there was a Q&A with Glick last year I think. DNA, Derby Now and Ever, Black And White, every year there has been a name given to the season ticket campaign.

EDIT: There was a fans forum last May under the "fans first" banner

Fair enough.If you'd said "no more" rather than "not as much",we probably wouldn't have had this discussion ;)

I think the Groupon stuff really p*ssed people off - another reason. Why pay for the ST when you can hang about for Groupons.

Also, the football has stagnated. Signings like Coutts don't really inspire people to renew.

Not been groupons this season. Even if you bought the same seat as your ST week by week you'd have spent more than you have on your season ticket

Agreed, but then you are in a self perpetuating spiral whereby next year there will be even fewer season ticket sales, sales revenue goes down accordingly, losses go up, next years wage budget is slashed until you get to some critical mass point where it is unsustainable or only sustainable by playing in a much lower league.

The vicious circle some of us warned about.However,all it would probably mean is that less of any transfer sales income would be diverted to purchases. 

I'm more concerned how much the ST will go up by  if we ever get promoted - Hope they ahve an early bird price - coupled with loyalty bonus for sticking with them through the *****.

One thing I do reckon will happen is if they sell us the following season prices will go up - and we will be told that it is required to make us competitive and it is due to mismanagement by previous owners. (the reason they went up after the LOG took us over)

To be fair though,there was fairly hefty investment in the team in tandem with the sacrifices fans were asked to make.

The vicious circle some of us warned about.However,all it would probably mean is that less of any transfer sales income would be diverted to purchases. 

Selling the family silverware :) That is the only get out I agree, I read on report on Burnley recently and Dyche was saying that players out of contract must either accept a wage cut or get moved on - Burnley as a club have to cut costs. Would be interesting to compare how our business model compares with other clubs, and despite getting sponsored by some chip shop in Derby see how the Yanks, with all of their connections, intend to grow the sponsorship and commercial revenues.

Wasn't meant as a criticism - interestingly though ST sales back then sit about where we are now.

Is that where we are now,or where we hope to be at the end of it? (serious question).

Sam Rush is far more direct than Tom Glick was.

There are quite a few reports of him being pretty blunt about things -

Any chance of fans having a shareholding? - no

Can I have a refund if I'm not happy - no

I won't renew unless you un-recategorise my seat - OK then

He doesn't seem to go for spin, or even customer service. I hope that is a sign that he's actually trying to organise the business where it counts - on the pitch.

If come August we've got an exciting team on the pitch, the loss of a few season ticket sales might even appear a good thing - as Dav mentioned, regular walk ups are worth far more.

If Rush doesn't get this right I can't see anyway back for GSE. I reckon that another poor season will result in Amigos style protests, which aren't ideal for a management company who trade on their reputation.

Selling the family silverware :) That is the only get out I agree, I read on report on Burnley recently and Dyche was saying that players out of contract must either accept a wage cut or get moved on - Burnley as a club have to cut costs. Would be interesting to compare how our business model compares with other clubs, and despite getting sponsored by some chip shop in Derby see how the Yanks, with all of their connections, intend to grow the sponsorship and commercial revenues.

I'd like to know what the costs of acquiring the extra revenues are.I'll have to check "who's who" again,but I'm sure the last time I checked each mini empire seemed to have its own accounts manager.

Burnley is interesting-although FFP is weak it will have some impact.However,the massive parachute payments are going to have a significant impact.Even if clubs don't go straight back up (blocking some promotion places),they'll have 3 more years of riches.You could end up with about ten clubs, at any point in time, dipping their bread.

Whatever any think of the antics of certain clubs,at least they went for it whilst they still had a chance.

PS Having looked at "who's who",things appear to have changed since the last time I looked,so I withdraw the reference to account managers.

Sam Rush is far more direct than Tom Glick was.

There are quite a few reports of him being pretty blunt about things -

Can I have a refund if I'm not happy - no

I thought anyone could get a refund up till first game.Was the questioner talking about mid season?

Apparently not - that was a Glick directive, and Rush has (reportedly) categorically ruled it out for this year.

I thought I saw posters on other forums pointing out that it was a right under the consumer act (I don't know).

I thought I saw posters on other forums pointing out that it was a right under the consumer act (I don't know).

They did - and they were wrong.

There is no legal right to a refund unless something is faulty, unfit for purpose or mis-sold - and even then a replacement or repair usually fulfils the statutory obligations.Most companies go beyond the legal duty in order to protect their reputations.

Before entering academia I was retail manager for twenty years!

Where we are now I think - its was around 14k for the promotion season but that's from memory I'll try and find the article that quotes it.

I'm wrong it was 19k for the promotion season http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/sports/season+ticket+sales+up+survey+reveals/598252.html

Night have been the year before that was around 14k. Its hard to find j formation that old

Would be interesting to compare how our business model compares with other clubs, and despite getting sponsored by some chip shop in Derby see how the Yanks, with all of their connections, intend to grow the sponsorship and commercial revenues.

Watching the financial world going mad as US stocks fall, the price of gold falling like a brick. Now bombs in Boston...I wonder whether our rich investors might be losing an awful lot of dosh at the moment. It can't help.

They did - and they were wrong.

There is no legal right to a refund unless something is faulty, unfit for purpose or mis-sold - and even then a replacement or repair usually fulfils the statutory obligations.Most companies go beyond the legal duty in order to protect their reputations.

Before entering academia I was retail manager for twenty years!

Must admit that would have been my understanding.

Watching the financial world going mad as US stocks fall, the price of gold falling like a brick. Now bombs in Boston...I wonder whether our rich investors might be losing an awful lot of dosh at the moment. It can't help.

Paper losses until realised-a bit unnerving though.

It appears that to date we have increased revenue on last year to this point

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-18710973-detail/story.html#axzz2QY4s67nv

We have spoken in recent months that our season-ticket yield compared to other clubs has been quite low for the numbers we have, so it is pleasing news that we have seen an increase in that area which will only help to drive revenue into the club, which has a mechanism for driving revenue to the playing side.

Read more: http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-18710973-detail/story.html#ixzz2QZY4mMWl

Archived