13.5k Season Tickets sold for next season

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH the cynic in me thought it would be even less so I have to say I'm surprised numbers are holding up to the extent they are. I'm going to pick and choose myself next year.

How many ST holders do we have now? Looks like we'll be finishing around 1-1.5k down.

Honestly is anyone surprised by this? cause I'm not I've done mine in west upper and will continue to do so as its know my Saturday routine will be going to more away games too hopefully..

Every club will loose fans each year unless your in the top flight it's inevitable if we invest this summer and have a good pre season the stands will soon start filling up.

13300 Early bird Season Tickets sold and thats with people moving to the £230 cheap seats in South Stand which is now nearly fully allocated i believe .

Id say thats significantly down.

Its down by 1000 on last season.

. Ive got mine though in West .

The thing is though how many have moved? Its only 4 blocks in the SS not the whole of it. The majority will have renewed in current seats.

How many of the 13.3k have paid higher prices?

fills even with some moving seats there is a good chance that disabled fans and OAP renewing in there current seats more than make up for loss of revenue from those going to cheap seats. For example adult renewal in the old disabled corner has gone up from £190 to £300 (as its now Cat D) more than makes up for 1 adult relocating to the SS from a Cat D seat.

If disabled fans in Cat C or Cat B areas renew in those areas then I think 1 of them renewing would offset maybe two relocations.

Sam needs to get the message that there's a showbusiness element, and we need someone with a sprinkling of stardust top of the bill. Fancy midfield prospects and all action full backs are fine, but without a swashbuckling striker we're lacking.

Last year in mid may - at the end of a month longer renewal period we had north of 16k

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13461024

Derby County chief executive Tom Glick insists he is not fazed by the fact season ticket sales for 2011-12 are more than 3,000 down on this season.

"We are north of 16,000 which is a great number to be at," Glick told BBC Radio Derby.

"And while we were 19,500 this season, if you look at year-on year in mid-May, we are almost where we were.

"We are about 500 seats behind which is extremely encouraging. There's no doubt the economy has challenged people."

Glick, who in March announced that any season ticket holders who were unhappy with the club's summer transfer business would be entitled to a refund , added: "We have done very well and are extremely appreciative of all the season ticket holders who have made a commitment."

Or read? Don't forget last year they had to extend early bird as well.

Was it last year when the figure mysteriously jumped by 1k all of a sudden,perplexing both of us?

I'd agree that switches were probably more than matched by renewals of those facing increases,but the big question is (as you pointed out) how many of the latter didn't renew? One would suspect a fairly high proportion.

It seems to me that a lot of fans will wait and see what the summer brings,not a bad thing to have a bit of pressure on quality of recruitment..

Was it last year when the figure mysteriously jumped by 1k all of a sudden,perplexing both of us?

I'd agree that switches were probably more than matched by renewals of those facing increases,but the big question is (as you pointed out) how many of the latter didn't renew? One would suspect a fairly high proportion.

It seems to me that a lot of fans will wait and see what the summer brings,not a bad thing to have a bit of pressure on quality of recruitment..

The jump was from May when the north of 16k figure was given - in my quote above - and a later article (i'm guessing because of new buyers after the article. but yep it did surprise us at the time.

The SS seats were almost sold out and I estimate thats about 2k seats. 1000 non renewals from other parts of the ground may not be enough to mean the club has lost revenue.

Don't forget that its not just seats that have gone up, but fans that would have been OAP's and now aren't, free tickets bcoming paid for tickets, juniors becoming young adults and young adults becoming adults will all bring in extra poundage if they renew.

Edit - Obviously I mean revenue comapred to this time last year not overall revenue

Point is though that we're still talking about the cut off point for incentives-you can't get early bird incentives over the next month.

True but as we both commented last season the figures jumped by 1000 - this could relate to sales after early bird cut off time.

There will ways be fans that buy after cut off for incentives.

Whether there are enough people purchasing after yesterday to actually maintain or increase ST revenue I guess we will have to wait and see until they announce final sales at sometime near the start of next season.  If we are within 2000 I would think revenue will have been increased because of the increase in price now compared to early bird prices, and the above regarding price rises for early renewals. To reach 2000 less than last year we need to sell about 2000 season tickets between now and the start of the season.

True but as we both commented last season the figures jumped by 1000 - this could relate to sales after early bird cut off time.

There will ways be fans that buy after cut off for incentives.

Whether there are enough people purchasing after yesterday to actually maintain or increase ST revenue I guess we will have to wait and see until they announce final sales at sometime near the start of next season.  If we are within 2000 I would think revenue will have been increased because of the increase in price now compared to early bird prices, and the above regarding price rises for early renewals. To reach 2000 less than last year we need to sell about 2000 season tickets between now and the start of the season.

I'm pretty certain the jump to 17k was given as early birds-not even you could come up with an explanation.If things were as you say,both of us would have worked it out.

I'm a bit confused on all of this-doesn't that 16k relate to 11/12 sales,rather than last season-Glick was talking in May 11.

Archived