Derby Peregrines

froggg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't suppose they can keep the Heron population down, cus ones haunting my fish & I swear he's a better angler than Keith Arthur...

Seriously... any suggestions other than a pointy thing that goes bang...so far I've tried a plastic heron..but he/she just befriended it (must like the silent static type of mate)...& netting isn't really an option..

Ghost Koi don't scare it either, mores the pity....

Not very discreet though......air rifle better :ph34r:

The last resort.... but it's coming very close to it.... unless anyone can suggest a better way....wouldn't be so bad if it ate em, but many are to big for it... so it just skewers em & leaves em...the long beaked B^$**$d.....

And then there were two . . .and a request to you all

Our second juvenile peregrine fledged from its nest ledge on Derby Cathedral this afternoon.

Tony and Dawn Grantham raced into town about 4.15pm when they heard one juvenile was on the ground outside a nearby hairdresser's shop. Fortunately, the bird flew up into a tree and then very strongly upwards and away round the back of the Silk Mill.

Nick Brown went down later on and found one young bird up on a pinnacle above the nest,  and two in the nest itself. Both parents were present too. So he's sure these two fledgers will be fine. Christine and Cliff are spending the next few hours down there so they will keep an eye open and report back. And there's a Watch Point tomorrow from 11am so there will be plenty of eyes and ears watching then....do come down if you've not been (and are within reach). The show won't last much longer.....certainly not form the web cams (and apologies for the mess on the wide angled camera - we will definitely have to put it higher up for next year - those chicks certainly know how to pooh upwards don't they!).

More information to follow when we have it . . .

2013+June+21

Archived