Possible minutes silence v Blackburn for Margaret Thatcher

North_Stand_Ram

She knew the police had been blamed but she wasn't interested and so did nothing. How else do you reckon that doctored police statements were locked away in parliament offices from when she was PM? All this was proved in parliament when the Hillsborough debate was held.

Wasn't it her duty to make sure the police were punished knowing all this?

But it was SYP, hired henchmen who were in her back pocket.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He lost an election didn't he. Margaret Thatcher won 3, 2 with huge majorities. For all this perceived unpopularity she not only won the elections, she won the political war as well, based on what has happened since she left office.

Next time you're sick you can compare the records. Thatcher hated the NHS, a truly revolutionary organisation.

She knew the police had been blamed but she wasn't interested and so did nothing. How else do you reckon that doctored police statements were locked away in parliament offices from when she was PM? All this was proved in parliament when the Hillsborough debate was held.

Wasn't it her duty to make sure the police were punished knowing all this?

But it was SYP, hired henchmen who were in her back pocket.

She did plenty, namely making sure the Taylor Report was implemented so no such disaster could happen again. That did not happen after a similar disaster Ibrox 1971, when other stadiums were allowed to stay in dangerous condition, made worse with fences.

It is not the Prime Ministers job to decide who gets punished, I don't think Hillsborough had anything to do with anything that went before. A mixture of terrible management decisions, lower police numbers than the previous years, added to the nature of the stadium led to those horrendous events.

She did plenty, namely making sure the Taylor Report was implemented so no such disaster could happen again. That did not happen after a similar disaster Ibrox 1971, when other stadiums were allowed to stay in dangerous condition, made worse with fences.

It is not the Prime Ministers job to decide who gets punished, I don't think Hillsborough had anything to do with anything that went before. A mixture of terrible management decisions, lower police numbers than the previous years, added to the nature of the stadium led to those horrendous events.

Fair enough, that's your opinion.

A minutes silence will start a whole new precedence , i don't go football much nowadays (twice this season)

but used to avidly go , out of habit mainly . Whilst i was there , it got me away from the everyday pressures of

modern living .Geez the 'woman' wasn't even a football fan , so why the 'thump' should we honour her.

The next major political death may fall on a day when we are at home , imagine , **asking our fans to keep

quiet for a minute !!** :wacko:

Where will it all end ?

**would anyone notice the difference ?**

A minutes silence for a deceased politician has noplace at a football match. Particularly one as devicive as thatcher. If people want to mark their respects or a club wants to honour her then that's up to them but forcing a silence onto a matchday is not only not sensible it's an insult to those people whos lives were detrimentally affected by her policies.

Archived