Luke Adams named NZ under-20 captain

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come there hasn't been anything on the OS, this is the sort of thing they love to gloat about! something seems a miss?  

He hasn't been mentioned much, I would like to think he'll be getting an extension as all I've read and heard about him has been positive, I've yet to see him in person yet though so can't give too much of an opinion on him.

Still, there's a big difference between being Captain for New Zealand U20's and being ready for regular Championship. Their top striking option for their more recent history has been Rory Fallon don't forget, he was considered one of their marquee players, and he was just an average Championship striker for most of that.

Him being the U20's captain is more so to do with him being one of the better players at that age group for NZ, rather than him being a strong U20's international player. I suspect he wouldn't get anywhere England U21/0's given his current playing career.

Still, he seems promising.

he has suffered with injury. But he is a good solid defender likes to tackle and head the ball. Very good in the air and great leader.

He played the first couple of games u21 but ankle injury kept him out for a while. He was "Apparently" Allowed a 3 week leave due to missing home and wants to bring someone over to be with him don't know who. He seems very commanding of what I watched I will post a YouTube video of him if I can find it.Hes on low wages I would presume and he has potential so give him 2 years.

I've heard good things about him, but captain of the Kiwi U-20s isn't exactly much to shout about. If he were already busting into the Kiwi national team that would be a bit more interesting, and there are players around his age doing so, but that's another story.

I'm glad the club have given him a chance after his injury, hopefully he's shown enough this season to have a shot next season, but with Gjokaj, O'Brien, Hanson, Lelan and the other young centrehalves in the squad, there is a lot of competition, and there's no point keeping the lad if he's not going to break through here.

Has anyone seem how he's been doing for the U21s, has he been playing a lot for them?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived