Here we go again

DCFCPhoenix

The board don't deserve our support anymore.

The manager has not been given enough resources and the league position has reflected this.

Why can the board not see that the only way they will make money is by being in the premier league and they should invest 4 or 5 million and get there.

Derby county shouldn't be a club that has to sell their 17 year old midfielder to afford a Jason shackell type player that we need.

I want to see some investment this summer.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The board don't deserve our support anymore.

The manager has not been given enough resources and the league position has reflected this.

Why can the board not see that the only way they will make money is by being in the premier league and they should invest 4 or 5 million and get there.

Derby county shouldn't be a club that has to sell their 17 year old midfielder to afford a Jason shackell type player that we need.

I want to see some investment this summer.

We won't see any

Derby county shouldn't be a club that has to sell their 17 year old midfielder to afford a Jason shackell type player that we need..

I'm afraid history counts for very little. Same as support. If the wage packet is the same and the prospects are the same then a player might pick the popular club.

But

Derby are no different to Brighton or Millwall. Same with Leeds. People see Blackpool as a small club but if they pay the wages and offer the prospects then the history of Derby or Leeds or Forest won't mean a jot. Leicester are the club players want to play for now. We're in the same average boat of clubs that have to do things like sell our best CB to finance other areas.

Strange comment. By the same token what gives us the divine right to be a Premiership club over other clubs in our division? Am sure that Burnley, Blackpool, Leeds and dare I say it even Forest fans all think that they deserve to be in the Premiership and not slumming it with us in the Championship. 

I'm afraid history counts for very little. Same as support. If the wage packet is the same and the prospects are the same then a player might pick the popular club.

But

Derby are no different to Brighton or Millwall. Same with Leeds. People see Blackpool as a small club but if they pay the wages and offer the prospects then the history of Derby or Leeds or Forest won't mean a jot. Leicester are the club players want to play for now. We're in the same average boat of clubs that have to do things like sell our best CB to finance other areas.

Personally it shouldn't really make any difference what other clubs situations are, our owners invested very little this summer. They may have spent money on Sammon and Keogh and Jacobs and coutts but they received money for shackell and Davies.

We could possibly get Waghorn and Martin on free contracts this summer. I would be happy with those 2 plus ward and Sammon then Bennett actually being given a chance.

The board won't even have to spend too much if those two are on free contracts. And therefor we shouldn't have to sell will Hughes or Hendrick or Brayford. 1 million on a shackell/ Keogh type player. Up to 500k but definitely no more on a left back. Then a good young hungry winger. Oh and a fully fit pre season squad please.

Then we might have a chance but at the moment we are NOT a top 10 SQUAD (not first 11) fact.

I don't like being negative, but is there really anything to be positive about? Especially after today's performance, we need to be beating the Birminghams and the Wolves and the Peterboroughs of this league, its a joke.

Am sure their supporters say the same thing about us :)

Strange comment. By the same token what gives us the divine right to be a Premiership club over other clubs in our division? Am sure that Burnley, Blackpool, Leeds and dare I say it even Forest fans all think that they deserve to be in the Premiership and not slumming it with us in the Championship.

Personally I don't think derby have a right to be a premier league club at all why should we? Simply alll I am saying is we need a decent bit of investment to give us a chance of promotion and that should come from the owners in my opinion not selling our youth prospects. That's just my thoughts I am sure yours differ.

I don't like being negative, but is there really anything to be positive about? Especially after today's performance, we need to be beating the Birminghams and the Wolves and the Peterboroughs of this league, its a joke.

There is. But it's buried under silly errors and we lack the ruthlessness other teams have shown us. At each end we need to get our act together. We concede some laughable goals. Hansen would murder us on MOTD. At the other end the control has been poor and the support has been weak.

It's difficult to reflect on the positives. And I think it feels a bit pointless to try to now. We all just need the season over ASAP

Personally I don't think derby have a right to be a premier league club at all why should we? Simply alll I am saying is we need a decent bit of investment to give us a chance of promotion and that should come from the owners in my opinion not selling our youth prospects. That's just my thoughts I am sure yours differ.

I totally agree with you that we need some investment and not revenue generated by selling our assets. Where I differ is that I don't believe that we have a divine right not to have to sell our assets to generate revenue as much as any other club in this division, we simply don't. Am sure Burnley fans are saying the same thing, did they see all of the funds generated by the sale of Rodriguez to Southampton, I think not. What is the difference between us and Burnley, why should they have to sell their best players to invest in their squad and we don't?

I totally agree with you that we need some investment and not revenue generated by selling our assets. Where I differ is that I don't believe that we have a divine right not to have to sell our assets to generate revenue as much as any other club in this division, we simply don't. Am sure Burnley fans are saying the same thing, did they see all of the funds generated by the sale of Rodriguez to Southampton, I think not. What is the difference between us and Burnley, why should they have to sell their best players to invest in their squad and we don't?

I don't think we have a divine right but I think burnley fans should also demand to see some of that Rodriguez money put back in the squad.

Personally it shouldn't really make any difference what other clubs situations are, our owners invested very little this summer. They may have spent money on Sammon and Keogh and Jacobs and coutts but they received money for shackell and Davies.

We could possibly get Waghorn and Martin on free contracts this summer. I would be happy with those 2 plus ward and Sammon then Bennett actually being given a chance.

The board won't even have to spend too much if those two are on free contracts. And therefor we shouldn't have to sell will Hughes or Hendrick or Brayford. 1 million on a shackell/ Keogh type player. Up to 500k but definitely no more on a left back. Then a good young hungry winger. Oh and a fully fit pre season squad please.

Then we might have a chance but at the moment we are NOT a top 10 SQUAD (not first 11) fact.

I dunno what to say matey.

Chasing boards out can be a nasty affair. When they are poisonous then it's worth it.

These lot have a plan. They want to achieve promotion but they have set themselves limits. They are offering a difficult job to Nigel. But while we occasionally flirt with Play Offs there will always be the argument that what they offer is just about enough. That it's down to Nigel to hit a home run.

They want to be in the hunt. They just don't like the idea of being the first to stick their noses to get bitten. They'd rather hang back now and hope the prey comes to them.

Will it? With Nigel in charge? With anyone in charge?

We haven't really got one simple enemy. The board and Nigel sort of protect each other. And if you decide the board is the enemy, well it can be very dangerous to who they sell to. Plus they might just tell you they don't care what you think. They have spent cash etc.

I don't know what to say mate. I hate the ****** Glick used to be paid to feed us. But I don't see much option other than to sit here like a wally drinking it all in.... Or turn on the manager and hope for a better miracle worker.

We're bent over.

The owners are already putting millions of pounds into the club each year to keep in running and people think that they should "have" to put extra money in for players this summer.

Fact of the matter is half of these people cant be arsed to buy a ticket for a game yet they expect others to chuck a few million at it each summer.

We've made a lot of progress in the last 4 years. Not in terms of league position but it terms of the value of the team. The value of the team wont get people excited but at the end of the day we need to build a valuable squad and sell our assets to get out of this league.

Our best shot at the moment is probably selling Hughes.

I dunno what to say matey.

Chasing boards out can be a nasty affair. When they are poisonous then it's worth it.

These lot have a plan. They want to achieve promotion but they have set themselves limits. They are offering a difficult job to Nigel. But while we occasionally flirt with Play Offs there will always be the argument that what they offer is just about enough. That it's down to Nigel to hit a home run.

They want to be in the hunt. They just don't like the idea of being the first to stick their noses to get bitten. They'd rather hang back now and hope the prey comes to them.

Will it? With Nigel in charge? With anyone in charge?

We haven't really got one simple enemy. The board and Nigel sort of protect each other. And if you decide the board is the enemy, well it can be very dangerous to who they sell to. Plus they might just tell you they don't care what you think. They have spent cash etc.

I don't know what to say mate. I hate the ****** Glick used to be paid to feed us. But I don't see much option other than to sit here like a wally drinking it all in.... Or turn on the manager and hope for a better miracle worker.

We're bent over.

The owners are in much deeper than any of us are and like everybody keeps pointing out they cant make money out of us in the Championship. These are millionaires and clever businessmen, yet people seem to think they are cluelessly chucking in 3m cash a year to fund the losses thinking we might fluke a promotion.

This is obviously not true. They are building a young squad which I'd imagine they will either use to sell for a transfer big transfer kitty to spend. Or they will stump up some cash when they think we're at a point where it will make us genuine contenders. In the past if we had spent 3m in a summer we still wouldn't of been genuine contenders.

The owners are in much deeper than any of us are and like everybody keeps pointing out they cant make money out of us in the Championship. These are millionaires and clever businessmen, yet people seem to think they are cluelessly chucking in 3m cash a year to fund the losses thinking we might fluke a promotion.

This is obviously not true. They are building a young squad which I'd imagine they will either use to sell for a transfer big transfer kitty to spend. Or they will stump up some cash when they think we're at a point where it will make us genuine contenders. In the past if we had spent 3m in a summer we still wouldn't of been genuine contenders.

That leads us to the dilemma?

The board aren't going to gamble big on a promotion payday. Savage and Laurent Robert anyone?

There's no value in sticking in here though. Plus whether you agree with them or not, fans are desperate to see their club trying to make strides. This is football. Not a dragons den investment. Don't get into football to make money. There's not enough room in the PL for us all to fit. Do what you can to get in there and reap the rewards. If the club is in limbo,like Derby, then somebody needs to actively do something to show the fans that steps are being taken.

I can see both sides. My opinion is that they could invest a little more to improve the options that Nigel has. If they don't trust Nigel to take the step forward with a bit more cash then sack him. Get somebody in who you do trust or that you feel could gain promotion under these restraints. How long do we float between 12th and 16th before we do something?

But my opinion obviously is that of a fan. A fan trying to understand them. But it's not my money at the end of the day. It is however my club and just like most fans I will always like to see investors give us the best possible chance of success

That leads us to the dilemma?

The board aren't going to gamble big on a promotion payday. Savage and Laurent Robert anyone?

There's no value in sticking in here though. Plus whether you agree with them or not, fans are desperate to see their club trying to make strides. This is football. Not a dragons den investment. Don't get into football to make money. There's not enough room in the PL for us all to fit. Do what you can to get in there and reap the rewards. If the club is in limbo,like Derby, then somebody needs to actively do something to show the fans that steps are being taken.

I can see both sides. My opinion is that they could invest a little more to improve the options that Nigel has. If they don't trust Nigel to take the step forward with a bit more cash then sack him. Get somebody in who you do trust or that you feel could gain promotion under these restraints. How long do we float between 12th and 16th before we do something?

But my opinion obviously is that of a fan. A fan trying to understand them. But it's not my money at the end of the day. It is however my club and just like most fans I will always like to see investors give us the best possible chance of success

I want to see us spend a fortune in the summer as much as the next person.

I personally think the owners are waiting for the correct season to take the gamble. I dont think its a case of not backing Clough.

The problem with this strategy is they effectively are happy to sit midtable for a couple of years while a young squad is built which no owners can admit too. This is whats happening.

My guess is either this season or next a serious push will be made. I think its likely to be this season and its no coincidence our latest man at the helm Mr Rush is an expert in the transfer field.

Selling Hughes alone whos value to the transfer kitty is much higher than his value to the team at present could do the job alone. But ideally we could keep him for if we ever got to the Premiership.

Archived