Here we go again

DCFCPhoenix

If we were building for a promotion push then fair enough our youth will keep rolling off the production line and will improve the squad but....

poor league progression will see attendances drop and then we will be forced to sell our young talent because finances dictate it.

Sam rush can try to improve attendances but he is fighting a losing battle. people moan when their season ticket prices go up but they can't be frozen every year, rush himself said we have one of the worst gate receipts but one of the highest attendances how on earth does that equate?? it can't be because we give that many free tickets out surely.

so pretty much the club are in a negative spiral but the spiral is taking years not just one season of relegation it is a slow burning.

we need something to get attendances up, which doesn't exist.

we need a better team but we can't afford one

we need fans to get behind the team more but why should they

league position staying same year after year

attendances falling year after year

squad wage bill falling year after year

squad getting thinner

fans getting restless

something is gonna give its a time bomb in my opinion and the only way to defuse the bomb is getting in the top 6

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we were building for a promotion push then fair enough our youth will keep rolling off the production line and will improve the squad but....

poor league progression will see attendances drop and then we will be forced to sell our young talent because finances dictate it.

Sam rush can try to improve attendances but he is fighting a losing battle. people moan when their season ticket prices go up but they can't be frozen every year, rush himself said we have one of the worst gate receipts but one of the highest attendances how on earth does that equate?? it can't be because we give that many free tickets out surely.

so pretty much the club are in a negative spiral but the spiral is taking years not just one season of relegation it is a slow burning.

we need something to get attendances up, which doesn't exist.

we need a better team but we can't afford one

we need fans to get behind the team more but why should they

league position staying same year after year

attendances falling year after year

squad wage bill falling year after year

squad getting thinner

fans getting restless

something is gonna give its a time bomb in my opinion and the only way to defuse the bomb is getting in the top 6

I dont think the attendances are as important as you would think. Obviously the club dont want them to go down as its more cash loss to cover but I don't think that will force them into a gamble.

Selling Hughes would probably be worth more than our gate receipts in a whole year with some left over!

In reality if Hughes really is worth £10m then selling him solves everything. If we went out and spent £10m this summer people would come back.

He won't be worth that much to Derby as an actual player until he's at least 22 or older i'd imagine and people aren't willing to wait in the Championship until then and rightly so.

We could replace Hughes with £1m and spend the rest improving the team.

The owners are already putting millions of pounds into the club each year to keep in running and people think that they should "have" to put extra money in for players this summer.

Fact of the matter is half of these people cant be arsed to buy a ticket for a game yet they expect others to chuck a few million at it each summer.

We're not a charity case at Derby, we were bought to make these investors a return. I'm not one to credit their incompetence. Perhaps their pre-investment slideshow didn't make mention of the fact that football clubs generally hearommage money in the U.K.

Andy Appleby will rue the day he ever set eyes on this club, they should've stuck to the profit making in the franchises stateside.

Archived