The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

Allow me to put a happy-clapper balanced, considered slant on it to provide the natural balance to your wrist-slashing one stark realism, Notts.

On second thoughts, I just can't be bothered to get into an argument about it. Believe what you want, and read into Rush's words what you want too. I honestly could not go through what is laughingly called the summer in the seemingly permanent state of depression that permeates from so many keyboards.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you tell I was bored and psycho-analysing Rush's interview maybe looking for some hidden meaning that just wasn't there. Anyhows am ambivalent about the whole matter, have already resigned myself to another few seasons in the Championship so hey ho

Rush said in the interview on Rams Player that he doesn't want to be paying big transfer fees but don't expect all players to be on frees and we'll try and get the best deal for the club. Supporters shouldn't be disheartened with free or low fee players as there's quality out there.. Doesn't exactly make you jump with joy does it... 

Rush said in the interview on Rams Player that he doesn't want to be paying big transfer fees but don't expect all players to be on frees and we'll try and get the best deal for the club. Supporters shouldn't be disheartened with free or low fee players as there's quality out there.. Doesn't exactly make you jump with joy does it... 

To be fair it doesn't matter in the slightest what they cost. Clod was £3m, Rob Hindmarch came on a free. We know the financial position, so why let the prospect of not spending big fees worry us? Don't get it myself.

To be fair it doesn't matter in the slightest what they cost. Clod was £3m, Rob Hindmarch came on a free. We know the financial position, so why let the prospect of not spending big fees worry us? Don't get it myself.

Agreed. But 90% of the time bigger fees = better players. I'd be much more excited of signing a Fryatt or a Vaughan for a mil odd than a Waghorn on a free ect, even though Waghorn could turn out to be a much better player. 

I agree with both of you, personally don't give a monkeys if the players cost 5 pounds or 5 million as long they help improve the team (note didn't say squad) and get us into the Top 6, my concern is that it will take some doing for all of the players in to do this on free's or next to no transfer fees.

Agreed. But 90% of the time bigger fees = better players. I'd be much more excited of signing a Fryatt or a Vaughan for a mil odd than a Waghorn on a free ect, even though Waghorn could turn out to be a much better player. 

Agree that having brass gives you a better chance, but I don't really care what the price tag is with a new signing. Been let down by a big fee tooo often.

Agree that having brass gives you a better chance, but I don't really care what the price tag is with a new signing. Been let down by a big fee tooo often.

I agree. Ward for 250k odd or Sammon for 1.2m. Most of our squad consists of bargains who are worth multiple times the price we paid for them. Would like to sign a proven striker though, and they cost

I think we have to focus more on the potential in the squad as well, hopefully you would be looking at Freeman, Gjokaj, Hanson, Hoganson, Hughes, Jacobs, Hendrick,Hughes Bennett, Doyle and Ball coming back different players, some will improve a little, others a lot... but it's something to bear in mind! 

And it goes for a lot of players, how many times have we predicted someone to be a duffer, to turn around and have a good season and someone to have a good season to turn into a duffer! 

I'm hoping on Sammon coming back a different player, or at least a bit more fortunate in front of goal! 

Archived