The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again talking the talk but in reality pretty much scraping the bargain bucket still.

All the spin yet appears we can not match teams like Huddersfield Town on wages ??

Not good enough and whilst we continue like this we will continue to just make up the numbers in this league.

I wonder what the Brayford money will go towards ???

I'm backing Clough and Rush on this, I doubt Rush is the kind of guy to fall at the first hurdle and Nigel is know for his meticulous planning, so I'm sure if we don't get one player we want, they will have other options.

Overall the aim is to improve the quality of the squad and bring in a few players who will push the likes of Bucko, Bryson and Sammon down the pecking order a bit. If you say that Forsyth will be first choice left back, we need to add a new first choice CB, a new first choice CF and possibly someone who can challenge for either wide position.

What that would mean is that the players who got us to 10th this season would be retained but some pushed down to the subs bench and we have a proper working squad of say 22, where there is genuine competition for places. So when we get the inevitable injuries we have a quality, reliable replacements. I think our poor form this season coincided with some injuries and players like Coutts needing a rest. If we have better strength in depth then it give Nigel far more opportunities to change things up and avoid lengthy spells without a win etc.

I can't see Rush stomaching making feeble excuses like his predecessor, I think he realises that's not going to cut it and he needs to deliver results so I'm backing them to bring in the added quality in the right areas to give us a better first team AND a better squad overall.

Once again talking the talk but in reality pretty much scraping the bargain bucket still.

All the spin yet appears we can not match teams like Huddersfield Town on wages ??

Not good enough and whilst we continue like this we will continue to just make up the numbers in this league.

I wonder what the Brayford money will go towards ???

Bloody hell, it's the 15th of May.

If you keep slashing your wrists like that now, you'll have blunted all your razor blades by August.

I'd be pretty happy with Judge for the wing role, can play both flanks, likes to run at people and has a good eye for goal. Not as "proven" as Burke but would surely be cheaper and hopefully allow us to use the money saved towards a centre back or striker

If we did need a Brayford replacement I wouldn't mind seeing Christie from Coventry, a very pacey young attacking fullback or Ayling from Yeovil who someone else mentioned on here at some point.
I haven't a clue what good centre backs are available apart from Baptiste who seems to be unlikely now. I'm glad I'm not a manager

If we did need a Brayford replacement I wouldn't mind seeing Christie from Coventry, a very pacey young attacking fullback or Ayling from Yeovil who someone else mentioned on here at some point.

I haven't a clue what good centre backs are available apart from Baptiste who seems to be unlikely now. I'm glad I'm not a manager

In all honesty, if I had a management job then surely it would be your duty to work a tremendous amount on getting players with ability into the club - I would hope that would be the case with Clough, not taking gambles, because in all honesty if you watch footballers regularly and can gauge a standard to comply too and pick out good players you shouldn't sign a bad player, and you should reduce the risk.

Some players aren't rated because they're purely playing a wrong system to their game, others low on confidence - but the one thing that players can't hide is their ability. I can spot players with ability a mile off, and also can spot when players are 'in form' as opposed to talented. Sometimes talented players get into bad form and struggle to get out, this can last for years... it's a shame but it happens.

In all honesty, if I had a management job then surely it would be your duty to work a tremendous amount on getting players with ability into the club - I would hope that would be the case with Clough, not taking gambles, because in all honesty if you watch footballers regularly and can gauge a standard to comply too and pick out good players you shouldn't sign a bad player, and you should reduce the risk.

Some players aren't rated because they're purely playing a wrong system to their game, others low on confidence - but the one thing that players can't hide is their ability. I can spot players with ability a mile off, and also can spot when players are 'in form' as opposed to talented. Sometimes talented players get into bad form and struggle to get out, this can last for years... it's a shame but it happens.

I have been in bad form for the best part of twenty years now...

As some others have mentioned on here,Luke Ayling would be my first choice should Brayford go, I've been very impressed with him this season, particularly for his age. Won't be long before he's in this league, with or without Yeovil.

Just listened to the Rush interview on Radio Derby. 5 minutes of my life I will never get back. When you dissect what he says then it amounts to absolutely nothing. 

In all seriousness, what do you expect him to say?

Money no object?

I didn't Eddie to be honest, this quote did stand out for me:-

“We need to be in and around the top of this league and we believe we have the makings of a squad to do that.
“Adding some more experience will go a long way to achieving that.”

It actually means nothing. We believe we have the makings, that could be from 5% of the squads potential to 99%, meaningless. Then he adds that by adding more experience this will add to the totally unquantified potential of the squad to perhaps obtain an as yet unspecified league position. 

I've always been brought up on SMART targets, you specify what you will do over how long to achieve what. This is just psycho-babble

Archived