The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

Why do you keep bringing up last season? What's that got to do with the present day?

And for the record Murray scored six last season - just one less than the million pound Sammon ( an apparent Premiership player) but you'll overlook that as per usual.

You're quick to critise posters for plunking out figures, yet you've just mentioned Vydra being worth three million! Where's that come from?! You've just had a hissy fit about lack of evidence and there's you throwing numbers around.

Then you state half a dozen times that we are seventh for goals scored in the league. But that's not really much of a statistic when Peterborough have scored the exact same amount and have been in the doghouse all season. Also, Millwall have conceded less than us, does that now mean they have a more solid defence? That's obviously where you're theory is coming from

Rhodes is an exception, how many other sides have spent that sort of money? For every Jordan Rhodes there's a bargain like Austin, Murray, Wood, Le Fondre and even Kevin Phillips. But you will always mention Rhodes and Blackburn won't you? Even if Blackburn had got promoted, you'd say "what do you expect with a seven million pound striker in the side".

You also ignored the question about where the goal threat is on our average match day bench, what a surprise.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. Not seen him play so can't really comment. If he has got pace and creativity and can score goals I would imagine his fee would be a bit higher than the £500k guessed at though surely?

An Italian team only offered £350k, but that was rejected, Im sure Dundee would be happy with 5...6...700k ?

Sorry but that whole paragraph has no substance at all.

Think you miss my point too.

Absolutely anybody can look at a goal scoring chart and see who is top and say we should sign him but that there are so many other things to consider. For instance a 6'7" forward at Stoke may score 20 goals in a season, would he be a good signing for us? No because our crossing is poor etc etc etc

I am unaware of these other attributes and no nothing about football...

I am unaware of these other attributes and no nothing about football...

Your opinion not mine.

Just don't think saying someone has scored a lot of goals this season we should sign him is a very good reason for wanting a player hence why I asked what other attributes Grigg has. I assume by your response that you have not seen him play.

I also think my example of Liam Dickinson showed the point I am trying to make.

Check Grant thread, i posted the link.

And the same Russell who has 13 goals in the SPL this season? Na, you're alright!

1. He isn't an out-and-out striker, plays more behind the main striker.

2. He has had an injury near the end of the season.

3. In all competitions he is 36 games to 20 goals.

4. He is in a pretty poor team (could argue this makes him standout more but it can also be argued that surrounded by better players his game would improve as well)

1. He isn't an out-and-out striker, plays more behind the main striker.

2. He has had an injury near the end of the season.

3. In all competitions he is 36 games to 20 goals.

4. He is in a pretty poor team (could argue this makes him standout more but it can also be argued that surrounded by better players his game would improve as well)

I'm sorry, but I'm not including cup goals against the likes of Rangers and hatricks against Airdrie United and Stranraer....

13 isn't a good tally. Injury isn't an excuse. He missed 1-2 months, as did Vaughan at the start.

Your opinion not mine.

Just don't think saying someone has scored a lot of goals this season we should sign him is a very good reason for wanting a player hence why I asked what other attributes Grigg has. I assume by your response that you have not seen him play.

I also think my example of Liam Dickinson showed the point I am trying to make.

You know I haven't seem him play live. You are missing my point. Someone who has scored goals is always a better bet than someone who has not, when you are seeking a goal scorer. People tend to look at transfer fees first and foremost. Someone maybe free or less money, but they can sometimes command twice the weekly wage. In the end they nearly always cost the club more.

Liam Dickinson took the step up from league 2 to the Championship, he didn't have many opportunities and too much was expected of him too soon. He was playing non league football only a few years prior to his move to DCFC. The step up was to big and soon. He would have been better suited moving to a league 1 club. Since DCFC, he has been at 9 clubs, even whilst still our player out on loan. He yo yo'd between league one and championship clubs. 

Liam then become settled at Southend in League 2 scoring 1 in 3 before becoming injured. If you look at his stats it becomes apparent that he performs better when he is settled and obv' playing in league two/one. However if he had spent a season -season and a half playing for a league 1 club before moving to DCFC or another championship club he would have done allot better for us. 

So for Liam Dickinson it was simply too much too soon. 

I'm sorry, but I'm not including cup goals against the likes of Rangers and hatricks against Airdrie United and Stranraer....

13 isn't a good tally. Injury isn't an excuse. He missed 1-2 months, as did Vaughan at the start.

Rangers are arguably better than some SPL teams so I do think his goals against the 'likes' of them should be included. As I stated earlier, Russell is only a secondary striker and I think 13 goals from 28 appearances is pretty damn good. I'm not comparing him to Vaughan, as Vaughan to me is an out-and-out striker whereas Russell isn't, they play different games. I'd love to have both of them at PP as Vaughan has proven this season that he is capable of playing more than 10 games a season and is beginning to find the net more. 

You know I haven't seem him play live. You are missing my point. Someone who has scored goals is always a better bet than someone who has not, when you are seeking a goal scorer. People tend to look at transfer fees first and foremost. Someone maybe free or less money, but they can sometimes command twice the weekly wage. In the end they nearly always cost the club more.

Liam Dickinson took the step up from league 2 to the Championship, he didn't have many opportunities and too much was expected of him too soon. He was playing non league football only a few years prior to his move to DCFC. The step up was to big and soon. He would have been better suited moving to a league 1 club. Since DCFC, he has been at 9 clubs, even whilst still our player out on loan. He yo yo'd between league one and championship clubs.

Liam then become settled at Southend in League 2 scoring 1 in 3 before becoming injured. If you look at his stats it becomes apparent that he performs better when he is settled and obv' playing in league two/one. However if he had spent a season -season and a half playing for a league 1 club before moving to DCFC or another championship club he would have done allot better for us.

Fair comments

You know I haven't seem him play live. You are missing my point. Someone who has scored goals is always a better bet than someone who has not, when you are seeking a goal scorer. People tend to look at transfer fees first and foremost. Someone maybe free or less money, but they can sometimes command twice the weekly wage. In the end they nearly always cost the club more.

Liam then become settled at Southend in League 2 scoring 1 in 3 before becoming injured. If you look at his stats it becomes apparent that he performs better when he is settled and obv' playing in league two/one. However if he had spent a season -season and a half playing for a league 1 club before moving to DCFC or another championship club he would have done allot better for us. 

The thing with Liam was he had no ball control at all. If you watch lower league football you will see a lot of goals scored via long balls over the top which a forward with pace can run onto. You simply don't get those opportunities in the Championship. It is always wise, therefore, to see how these players get their goals and build their reputations.

I am as guilty as anyone of suggesting lower league players. However, I have seen Madden of Yeovil and I think he would be a good buy.

Archived