The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

Its wages thats the decider for us. There were loads of rumours that we were prepared to go to £2m for Hooper for example.

Would we pay £20k a week for someone like Cox who struggles to score in the Championship?

My point is he wouldn't have been on that at Swindon, but for 1.5 million we could have signed a striker who had scored 29 league goals in a season, only in hindsight however. I do agree with you though,

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlon Pack - CM - Cheltenham

Out of contract in the summer so would be around 100k compensation after a move to Swindon fell through on deadline day. Good on the ball, solid set piece taker and was in League 2 Team of the Year last season

Just been named in League 2 TOTY again

Oh yeah......i thought it was you again.

What are you talking about? It was a joke. I just don't get why people on this forum have to be skeptical and narky. I t was a half hearted joke, this is a forum where people can have differing options and make jokes without having to get the mods on everything 24-7.... Sheesh.

He scored 29 league goals when he played for Swindon, Scottish league or league one, scoring 20 goals I wouldn't snuff at, he didnt get much of a chance at West Brom and he looks like he's lost his way at forest, but it happens with plenty of strikers, I think he would be a better signing than Chris Martin quite frankly because Martin hasn't proved himself in the past like Cox has, and Martin is average at best.

The same Cox that cleans Sammons boots during international games, nah.. ya'alright! 

What are you talking about? It was a joke. I just don't get why people on this forum have to be skeptical and narky. I t was a half hearted joke, this is a forum where people can have differing options and make jokes without having to get the mods on everything 24-7.... Sheesh.

Take absolutely everything with a pinch of salt mate. It took me a while to realise not everyone is a positive optimistic derby fan like myself on here.

We have to be optimistic, otherwise you find it harder to find positives when there are obvious positive signs. Just looking forward to the next season, I really beleive next season is our season,

We have to be optimistic, otherwise you find it harder to find positives when there are obvious positive signs. Just looking forward to the next season, I really beleive next season is our season,

Don't be optimistic - you'll only be disappointed.

I would be realistic, we're not going to be big spenders nor do I envisage any 2million pound signing, certainly not one without one or two key players leaving. I also believe that we will lose players we perhaps don't want to. 

Strikers are the most inconsistent being in the division, to spend big on a striker because of former glories is a dangerous one. I think a striker that fits well with the system is what we need, and better men than I can do that job.

It's not always about 'investment' but 'improvement' we find 11 players playing park football but improve our team, I would not be disappointed in the slightest! 

Well the problem is most people are not 17 years old like I am. They want instant success.

I never experienced Derby County in the premier league (07/08 errrr) and don't have this mentality that we are a premier league club. 

The way things are going we will get promoted eventually we cant keep improving without it working. 

I have no problem with fans that would prefer a different management or board as long as they provide a realistic alternative to getting Derby County promoted and this time stay in the division. The fans that annoy me are the ones that want us to throw obscene amounts of money at a division that spending does not guarantee league position. Yes it helps but just look at Leicester still not there. 

Sooner or later the board are going to realise we are going to move forward, and to move forward they need to realise we need investment, I dot understand because surely they can't be happy putting in 7 million a year just to cover losses. I will be disappointed if Bryson or Ward go, because then to me that shows we are a selling to buy team rather than a team which is striving to improve by retaining a core group of players- Hughes, Brayford, Ward and Bryson.

Well the problem is most people are not 17 years old like I am. They want instant success.

I never experienced Derby County in the premier league (07/08 errrr) and don't have this mentality that we are a premier league club. 

The way things are going we will get promoted eventually we cant keep improving without it working. 

I have no problem with fans that would prefer a different management or board as long as they provide a realistic alternative to getting Derby County promoted and this time stay in the division. The fans that annoy me are the ones that want us to throw obscene amounts of money at a division that spending does not guarantee league position. Yes it helps but just look at Leicester still not there. 

I'm not 17 and I don't want instant success. The argument isn't as polarised as you state - I personnally would be happy if we are showing some intent to get into the Premiership, intent being the key word. Replacing one mediocre player with another or bringing players in which just add to squad numbers in my opinion does not show intent. I don't expect the board to throw silly money at the squad as I am painfully aware they are subsidising our losses, just some intent.

I'm not 17 and I don't want instant success. The argument isn't as polarised as you state - I personnally would be happy if we are showing some intent to get into the Premiership, intent being the key word. Replacing one mediocre player with another or bringing players in which just add to squad numbers in my opinion does not show intent. I don't expect the board to throw silly money at the squad as I am painfully aware they are subsidising our losses, just some intent.

I'm similar. My most enjoyable time was the early 90s when we were in and out of the play-off places. It was a rollercoaster all the way through the season, not just the feeling of boredom and apathy like now. It didn't depress me that Wolves beat Middlesbrough on the last day of the season to nick a play off place whilst we played Glenn Hoddle's Swindon. Yes I was upset, but the season was a season all the way through.

Obviously I know a couple.

However besides them I think your obvious choices are:

Baptiste (Out of C)

Forsyth

Martin (Out of C)

2 others  ;)  (Out of.... only joking can't say if they are or aren't)

Then a striker....

I like a couple of names that have been thrown about on here:

Billy Sharp

Sylvan Ebans Blake

Kevin Doyle

Martyn Waghorn

Simeon Jackson

Will Grigg

Tom Pope

Noel Hunt

Can you say what position these mystery names play in?

Can you say what position these mystery names play in?

Its been completey blown out the water now with the fact that we might be signing 6     to 8!!! players. 

I now know 3 players in the pipeline instead of 2. However obvs nothings changed i cant say anything. Sorry mate

Its been completey blown out the water now with the fact that we might be signing 6     to 8!!! players. 

I now know 3 players in the pipeline instead of 2. However obvs nothings changed i cant say anything. Sorry mate

Ok chap, understand.

The silence regarding Bryson's contract seems a tad ominous and obviously unless Brayford signs a new deal, he'll be off.

Nigel praised Martin on Saturday...never showed enough for me but I wasn't there on Saturday - was he our best player?

Ok chap, understand.

The silence regarding Bryson's contract seems a tad ominous and obviously unless Brayford signs a new deal, he'll be off.

Nigel praised Martin on Saturday...never showed enough for me but I wasn't there on Saturday - was he our best player?

Watched it on Rams Player him and Hughes were the only ones that could get it down and play.

Martin just needs someone with pace alongside him, I wish we could have seen Ward and Martin up front with no Sammon. 

I think contract negotiations with Brayford and Bryson and Ward will begin after the last game. 

Watched it on Rams Player him and Hughes were the only ones that could get it down and play.

Martin just needs someone with pace alongside him, I wish we could have seen Ward and Martin up front with no Sammon. 

I think contract negotiations with Brayford and Bryson and Ward will begin after the last game. 

Martin + Ward would be no good.

Both like to drop off the striker too much.

Archived