A Humble appology

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my rock climbing days I have assumed that Gritstone is just another name for Millstone Grit of which much of the pennines consist.

You'll see many a millstone used as a symbol in the Peak District National Park. Also worn out millstones used as doorsteps.

yeah i think your right tons of the stuff round here. Off to watch the mighty gladiators. Thats going to be fun.

I've been stopped smoking 6 years now, sometimes I could have one after a meal, or with a drink, although banning it from pubs helps. We've just come back from Amsterdam, and whilst I could have sat and had a joint, I had to admit the smell did make me feel a bit squiffy after a bit. My daughters were horrified - they thought everywhere was grubby and smelly - they're not really old enough to rember people smoking in a pub.

They couldn't understand why there were salt and pepper pots shaped like willies either, haha, and lighters, and well, everything else really. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> no need.

I've been stopped smoking 6 years now, sometimes I could have one after a meal, or with a drink, although banning it from pubs helps. We've just come back from Amsterdam, and whilst I could have sat and had a joint, I had to admit the smell did make me feel a bit squiffy after a bit. My daughters were horrified - they thought everywhere was grubby and smelly - they're not really old enough to rember people smoking in a pub.

They couldn't understand why there were salt and pepper pots shaped like willies either, haha, and lighters, and well, everything else really. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> no need.

Mrs Ram i am shocked that you took you children to amsterdam. Just as shocked as when my mum took me when i was 12!

In the theme of this thread, may I also "come out" and offer my own personal apology to the forum.

I have been kept on this forum as Daveo's "trophy" admin and I feel I have let the members down.

The role of Admin is a serious one. Recently I may have made a pun in a post, and I now realise this was wrong.

I momentarily let the high standards of the Admin role and subsequently the moderating team down. But, most importantly, I let you, the membership down with my cheap play on words.

You have my word that it won't happen again, and may I say, I am truly sorry.

Sorry again.

Archived