season ticket prices

Geriatram

Dear Mr Rush,

As a senior it appears if I am reading the new season ticket chart correctly I will have an increase of 25% on my ticket price.

As one who has made an effort to support all the cup games this season I am extremely disappointed to receive such an large above inflation increase and still not receive any cup vouchers as an incentive .

As George Osbourne will not increase my income by the same % I will make one of the choices below.

1. Pay & moan a lot.

2. Sell a vital organ to raise funds

3. Boycott cup games to help fund the difference.

4. Tell you to poke it.

Yours In Sport

41826 IWT

I think choices should read-

1. Pay & moan a lot

2. Sell a vital organ to raise funds & moan a lot.

3. Boycott cup games to help fund the differance & moan a lot.

4. Tell them to poke it & moan a lot.

5. Moan a lot.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That assumes that fans sit in a certain area purely because of the view afforded,rather than another consideration ,viz pricing that they can afford (allied to the best view,in their opinion,that they can find at such price).To take your logic to the ultimate conclusion,if the new £230 S/Ts lead to areas being packed with S/T holders,shouldn't these areas then be recategorised to the very top category?

With regard to your last point,I omitted to mention that I meant supermarket own brand beans (and,as I'm sure most realised,I was being flippant).'Beans' to 'Premium Beans',the only real premium (as the beans are the same) being the higher price.

To the first bit: Yes.

To the beans: That's exactly my point 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

To the first bit: Yes.

To the beans: That's exactly my point 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

So,to summarise,(and correct me if I'm wrong),you believe that if the new £230 areas were to be more densely populated with S/T holders than any other part of the ground,the price should soar to over £500 the following season?If this didn't happen,the price should rise to match an area with equal S/T density?

Of course,there's a flip side to this logic.If popul;ar areas should (according to you) merit a price increase,shouldn't the more unpopular areas merit a price decrease? Can you give past examples of downward recategorisation because of this (ignoring the current low offer,which has special circumstances).Should there not be less beans in the can handed over?

My own view is that fans who can't afford price increases in their selected areas gradually migrate to areas they can afford,thus making these areas more densely populated.When I was a kid,there used to be a tv series called "No Hiding Place". 'Lockhart' of the 'Yard' will getcha eventually.

In reply to Davenportram

OAP tickets have gone up by 25% in areas where Adult prices have stayed the same. It would seem that we have been targetted and loaded for some reason that has not been explained - in fact it has not even been mentioned - just slipped in !! It would seem that we are now expected to pay 2/3rds. of the adult price instead of Half as previously. At the least we deserve an explanation. I am still awaiting a reply to my email...........

The only problem withe the Category E seats is that they are available to everyone except disabled fans. Wheelchair supporters don't have a cheaper option - and the price of their current option more than doubled.

In reply to Davenportram

OAP tickets have gone up by 25% in areas where Adult prices have stayed the same. It would seem that we have been targetted and loaded for some reason that has not been explained - in fact it has not even been mentioned - just slipped in !! It would seem that we are now expected to pay 2/3rds. of the adult price instead of Half as previously. At the least we deserve an explanation. I am still awaiting a reply to my email...........

I think something like 'industry standards' may be the new buzz phrase.

The South Stand will now be oversubscribed for sure .

AAA. Plenty of scope for breakdown assistance there though,when subsequent renewal notices land. (As per Martyn,that is).

Massive point also regarding OAPS m8 is that everybody at sometime becomes one and the age this happens is getting longer and longer so young people who are saying this and that about OAP reductions might be glad of um when they reach 65 as is what Sam the man is making it at DCFC

i wont be retiring for at least 34 years - a long way off for me

I think choices should read-

1. Pay & moan a lot

2. Sell a vital organ to raise funds & moan a lot.

3. Boycott cup games to help fund the differance & moan a lot.

4. Tell them to poke it & moan a lot.

5. Moan a lot.

I'm guessing the new prices don't affect you much otherwise I'm convinced you would be the same also you don't seem to like people giving their opinion. Maybe if you han an increase of £75 you would smashing your toys.

I'm doing business management but as you say I may need a weekend job,

The problem is I haven't got student finance details yet and so don't know if I would need that weekend job. But if I don't renew the prices will go up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

It's a pretty long treck from Lancaster, and still a little laboriuos from York. If those are you first choices, and you are confident of achieving your offer, I would be tempted to give the season ticket a miss if your finances are that tight. You will inevitably be tempted to skip several games - and it might work out cheaper just to buy tickets as and when you feel like making the journey. If you are in Loughborough, I'd say that renewing early makes sense.

It always seems to me that the club miss a trick by not opening the renewalls in December. Depending on finances, I reckon that many people would fork out for a season ticket as a present for a (very lucky) loved one. Maybe DCFC should do a 'season ticket gift voucher', where you could give someone a chunk of their season ticket renewal, without forking out for the whole thing.

So,to summarise,(and correct me if I'm wrong),you believe that if the new £230 areas were to be more densely populated with S/T holders than any other part of the ground,the price should soar to over £500 the following season?If this didn't happen,the price should rise to match an area with equal S/T density?

A bit hard to understand what you were saying there, but "the price should rise to match an area with equal S/T density?" - that bit makes sense.

Of course,there's a flip side to this logic.If popul;ar areas should (according to you) merit a price increase,shouldn't the more unpopular areas merit a price decrease?

Yes of course! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Can you give past examples of downward recategorisation because of this (ignoring the current low offer,which has special circumstances).

Past examples? Not quite sure where you're going with this, I'm just talking about how you would expect these things to work.

My own view is that fans who can't afford price increases in their selected areas gradually migrate to areas they can afford,thus making these areas more densely populated.

Yes, I find it weird that you aren't really getting this, it's a pretty simple concept but you seem to be going off on all sorts of tangents and metaphors and I'm not sure why?

To Curtains

I emailed derby.county@dcfc.co.uk - for the attention af Sam Rush

The only response so far is to say it is being attended to but to the best of my knowledge it is still in the ticket office. I really think we deserve some sort of explanation. It seems that for some reason we have been loaded and are now expected to pay 2/3rds. of the adult price instead of the half we paid previously. Its as though they thought we wouldn't notice any increase when they are claiming to have kept prices unchanged - especially such a large one. A bit insulting ??

i wont be retiring for at least 34 years - a long way off for me

Add another 10 years to that - mustn't deprive the bankers of their annual multi-million pound bonuses.

There is no UK retirement age now if i'm correct?

Even if there was, Men's was 65 & only women born before 1950 was when they were 60 alot more people are working till later life now. Thats why the UK retirement age was abolished technically DCFC don't have to offer any discount but they do from the age of 65 plus the option of paying over 4 / 8 months to help spread the cost which I'm not sure many other clubs do.

I can understand all the fans that already have a senior season ticket being p1ssed off if they have to pay more having already got a senior ticket but the people that would have been moving to that category I struggle to empathise

A bit hard to understand what you were saying there, but "the price should rise to match an area with equal S/T density?" - that bit makes sense.

Past examples? Not quite sure where you're going with this, I'm just talking about how you would expect these things to work.

Yes, I find it weird that you aren't really getting this, it's a pretty simple concept but you seem to be going off on all sorts of tangents and metaphors and I'm not sure why?

OK,I see I have to help you out with the first bit.If you think that density should reflect price,then if the (currently) cheapest areas end up with the highest density,the price should be the highest in the ground,viz well over £500.Seems simple enough to me.No tangents,no metaphors.

If I would expect 'these things' to work a certain way,then I should equally expect to see past examples of downward recategorisation.No tangents,no metaphors.

Oh,don't worry, I 'get it' all right.It doesn't mean to say I (or anyone else) should consider it equitable.No tangents,no metaphors.

There is no UK retirement age now if i'm correct?

Even if there was, Men's was 65 & only women born before 1950 was when they were 60 alot more people are working till later life now. Thats why the UK retirement age was abolished technically DCFC don't have to offer any discount but they do from the age of 65 plus the option of paying over 4 / 8 months to help spread the cost which I'm not sure many other clubs do.

I can understand all the fans that already have a senior season ticket being p1ssed off if they have to pay more having already got a senior ticket but the people that would have been moving to that category I struggle to empathise

Tell that to the disabled fans. Theirs more than doubled in price.

Archived