Moving Fans to South Stand...time for a name change?

Debaser

Doesn't putting the away fans in the SW corner pose a threat to those in the South Stand as they'd be above them.

Just takes a couple of numpties to start pegging coins and other missiles down on them.

Didn't Derby state that it was a Health & Safety thing as to why the stands weren't sponsored or named differently when we opened the stadium. I'm sure there were some calls for a Brian Clough stand when we went there in the first place.

Why not call it after the first person to score there... Ashley Ward stand, anyone?

Yeah, maybe not.

There'll just be netting - look at the Sh*tty Ground - about 3/4 of the away fans have red dogs in the tier above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's going ahead then? (Ref season ticket thread)

Derby fans big move to one day create a Kop is basically just letting them sit in the current empty parts?

So the clique SE corner won't be broken up. It'll still be a cosy hole to play on your phone. A few new people might sit in the South Stand. But I doubt they'll do much against the cosy corner. Oh, and everyone will have to move so Forest and Leeds can shout into the open?

If this is right then there's no point in bothering. It could of been so simple. Stick them in a corner out the way. SE would be best as they have gates to part the SS from the SE and they only need to police the East Stand as the away fans walk onto those buses.

If I've got this wrong I sincerely apologise for my rant.

If I'm right then I'm gutted that our support backing a team many of us care passionately about is being watered down. Not by just moaners and iPhones. But by **** pop music, embarrassing sports entertainment ****** and this half arsed move.

I really had hope for this! I can't think of anything else that will wake us all up. Even Forest and Leeds were dire this season.

Can we go back home to the BBG?

Not been on for a while but here goes.

My view is if they really want to move more of DCFC fans behind the goal, do what they did for the Sheff Wed opening game, which was restrict the area behind the goal for away fans to about 1500 into the SW corner, and put the rest up the top of the SW stand. Seemed to work and there was a great atmosphere. I thought anyway. SW corner is usually empty anyway so less disruption to ST holders, if there are any in the SW upper corner. Might wake them up in the West stand too!

The other option is as previously mentioned, put them in SE corner , but this might be more difficult when there was a full 5,000 away crowd. Thats the choice they need to make,,,,,,simples!!

This has annoyed me a lot.

We don't need to give clubs 5000 tickets, **** em. Home support should be the only priority when it comes to stadium layout.

If i had my way the away fans would be shoved in the west lower up till the away dugout. When a extra few tickets are needed for the 'bigger' followings they can have some seats from the SW upper.

Derby fans to occupy the south stand with unreserved seating.

This has annoyed me a lot.

We don't need to give clubs 5000 tickets, **** em. Home support should be the only priority when it comes to stadium layout.

If i had my way the away fans would be shoved in the west lower up till the away dugout. When a extra few tickets are needed for the 'bigger' followings they can have some seats from the SW upper.

Derby fans to occupy the south stand with unreserved seating.

apart from in cups when we have to be able to give them that many tickets - the rules state a certain percentage of the ground

apart from in cups when we have to be able to give them that many tickets - the rules state a certain percentage of the ground

15%

In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:

So that's about 5000

Archived