Duchess hoax call, a harmless prank or not?

ladyram

She obviously had further mental health problems, no sane person kills themselves over a prank phone call.

It all smells a bit fishy to me any way, never underestimate the power of the parasites that are the royal family.

Don't know that for sure EKR, to be fair.

Perhaps she felt devastated that someone could trick her into revealing patient details - and not just anybody's details at that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know that for sure EKR, to be fair.

Perhaps she felt devastated that someone could trick her into revealing patient details - and not just anybody's details at that.

Everyone seems to be under a misapprehension here - the nurse who killed herself didn't reveal any details, all she did was put the call through to the ward.

Which makes the suicide even more bizarre!

Everyone seems to be under a misapprehension here - the nurse who killed herself didn't reveal any details, all she did was put the call through to the ward.

Which makes the suicide even more bizarre!

Maybe it's the case where she felt so guilty for connecting the call in the first place and couldn't do with the ridicule which would have come her way. The press would have seen to that.

Plus, the hospital said they wouldn't say anything to her, but how does anyone know that for certain? They had to say something along those lines though didn't they? It wouldn't do to air their disciplinary procedures to everyone would it?

The hospital has been embarrassed, the eyes of the world are on it and then this happens. Somebody would have got an almighty bollocking and no mistake and that nurse was right in the firing line.

What I want to know is why the 2 DJ's did this in the first place. You can't just phone up a hospital and pretend to be a member of the patients family. Who does that? What gives anyone the right to think it's appropriate to do it? I'm sure there's a lot of men who wouldn't want the same thing done to their pregnant wives, that information is private, why can't people respect that?

To some it's been a laugh, to me it's something what immature kids would do. But talk about backfiring on them! I'm not saying they're directly to blame, nobody could have seen this coming, but that womans dead now and they have to live with the knowledge that they have played a part in it, no matter how innocent they think their actions were.

You can bet they'll never make another prank call though.

Anybody see the aussie docu style 'interview' with the the DJs? I was'nt really sure about it to be honest.

The DJs seemed genuine enough in their guilt, but the whole thing seemed a bit forced. A cynic would see it as another opportunistuc ratings tv programme....

In a hospital, not a million miles from where the Duchess of Cornwall was admitted recently, It is not inconceivable that there is a line manager to the nurse who mistook a prank call for genuine who was leaned on heavily by the said hospital.

The line manager, who may or may not have already been making this nurse's life a misery, may have leaned heavily on her and made her feel that this was a final body blow to her self esteem.

The hospital would be unlikely to appreciate the stress that staff at a lower level are having to cope with and saw the situation only as a damage limitation exercise. They would be basking in the reflected glory of having such a distinguished patient and smarting under the criticism levelled at them by the same media who were enjoying taking the moral high ground for a silly stunt which, but for raw nerves caused by the Leveson enquiry etc, they may have wished they had thought of themselves if they had been able to pull it off.

Whatever the previous mental state of the unfortunate lady who saw the whole weight of responsibility being laid on her shoulders, possibly unsupported by the "powers that be" My sympathies are entirely with her family in this tragic situation.

No one is guiltless in a situation like this.

As with the recent topless photos etc we are back to the question of an insatiable public wanting access to essentially private details of public figures and a media falling over itself to provide "entertainment" regardless of the hurt it causes.

BTW I don't buy the Sun, Hello, OK or any "celeb culture" publication.

It's a free country so I'm glad others are free to do so!

In a hospital, not a million miles from where the Duchess of Cornwall was admitted recently, It is not inconceivable that there is a line manager to the nurse who mistook a prank call for genuine who was leaned on heavily by the said hospital.

The line manager, who may or may not have already been making this nurse's life a misery, may have leaned heavily on her and made her feel that this was a final body blow to her self esteem.

The hospital would be unlikely to appreciate the stress that staff at a lower level are having to cope with and saw the situation only as a damage limitation exercise. They would be basking in the reflected glory of having such a distinguished patient and smarting under the criticism levelled at them by the same media who were enjoying taking the moral high ground for a silly stunt which, but for raw nerves caused by the Leveson enquiry etc, they may have wished they had thought of themselves if they had been able to pull it off.

Whatever the previous mental state of the unfortunate lady who saw the whole weight of responsibility being laid on her shoulders, possibly unsupported by the "powers that be" My sympathies are entirely with her family in this tragic situation.

No one is guiltless in a situation like this.

As with the recent topless photos etc we are back to the question of an insatiable public wanting access to essentially private details of public figures and a media falling over itself to provide "entertainment" regardless of the hurt it causes.

BTW I don't buy the Sun, Hello, OK or any "celeb culture" publication.

It's a free country so I'm glad others are free to do so!

That was a partly political broadcast on behalf of the give 'Steve more like's'.. party..

The Daily Mail removed this [top comment] from their website yesterday, because it points the finger at the press as the cause of the problem.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/537567_10152351092650445_1660862689_n

Dan Barker shared it with us...

Update: Daily Mail has now removed this top comment from the Nurse story. ('self regulation' eh?) pic.twitter.com/e4SyDT3r

— dan barker (@danbarker)

December 8, 2012

That was a partly political broadcast on behalf of the give 'Steve more like's'.. party..

Not really..some of it was a "Steve was on the receiving end of some of it at work when things started hitting the blades of the fan!"

Mind you, the likes ARE quite nice! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Archived