Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, at the expense of my name becoming increasingly inaccurate, I'm compelled to post again.

I'm sure people on here won't agree with me but I don't think Derby or Forest are bigger clubs than Leicester. Both have had a very successful period in the 70s which flatter the size of the clubs. I think fanbase wise things are probably pretty even. I think the clubs are much of a muchness but Leicester have probably under-achieved while Derby and Forest and had a period of over-achieving.

I get the point that Derby and Leicester are not competing on a level playing field at the moment. We are lucky to have our owners who seem determined to fulfil their promises and are investing in infrastructure and youth as if they mean to stick around. I can sympathise with Derby though. With the likes of Wigan, Reading and Swansea making the Premier League regularly it seems like a lot of medium sized clubs are being pushed out. It isn't just Derby, the likes of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and similar clubs have fallen from grace, and not so long ago Leicester made an unprecedented fall into League One. Although that seems a long time ago now.

If we do get to the Premier League, I would rather be playing Derby and Sheffield Wednesday than Wigan and Reading.

F**king hell fire!!! And I thought the Gumps were delusional... If you think you're a bigger club than Us, Florist & Leeds you must be a lot dumber than you're already sounding lol.

Jesus wept boy. You sound pretty thick so I'll it it veeeery simple... YOU, ARE, A, FVCKIN, MORON...

F**king hell fire!!! And I thought the Gumps were delusional... If you think you're a bigger club than Us, Florist & Leeds you must be a lot dumber than you're already sounding lol.

Jesus wept boy. You sound pretty thick so I'll it it veeeery simple... YOU, ARE, A, FVCKIN, MORON...

meet vernak .. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I'll go with that, but stay out of the big club debate... if anyone supported the club they support on here because 'we're a big club' then you ****** up, ****** up really bad.

I supported Derby because I was born in Derby, big club or not... There are teams a lot smaller than us, there are teams that are a lot bigger than us. If you want to support a 'big club' go support A big club.. Derby, Forest and Leicester all are decent sized, not much between either - okay Leicester may not have had the following Derby or Forest have had, or the success but it's all relative - you gain supporters when you're doing well, and lose supporters when you aren't. Success comes when you have owners who can bankroll that success...

I think it is possible to build a team with few resources and have success and also spend money and fail, but generally what you say is true. I'm not sure there's the difference in support for Leicester and Derby that you think there is. Leicester's support was around 30000 ish following relegation and Derby's was the same following your relegation. The fair-weather fans tend to stick around for a year or two before support levels fall to what they were previously.

I also support Leicester because I was born in Leicester. I have had season tickets while finishing in the top 10 of the Premier League, while struggling in the Championship and while in League One. I'm a pretty loyal fan and I never saw a choice of supporting any other team than Leicester. Probably like most Derby fans.

Anyways, this is my last post because I'm off to bed now and I won't remember my login tomorrow.

Enjoy following you local team!

I think you'll find no one hates Leicester, but no one can stand Leicester fans.

Trust me, I live with them.

I have to hear none stop bullshit every day, '4-0' taunts and their ever changing opinion.

"Jermaine beckford is the best striker in the league"

*joins Huddersfield on loan*

"******* PL reject, never wanted him anyway, piece of **** player."

"Frankie Fielding is the worst keeper I've ever seen" said the fan who watched Chris Weale play in goal for two years.

They have this over enthusiastic mentality and willingness to latch onto a player and claim him to be a messiah. The ***** I heard about Gelson Fernandez, Michael Johnson, John Paintsil (?!), Beckford and MATT ******* MILLS at the start of last season. Literally, my co-worker had been to two matches and had decided they were going up. Happy enough to slate Craig Bryson because he's never heard of him.

This is the set of fans who chanted '2-0 down, who gives a ****, we're the leicester boys and we're going up' against Reading. Who they recently bought Matt Mills off, for 5 million.

I get the going up brigade every year with Leicester (Manish and Steve, you may have met them?) and I'd put money on them not going up.

Aaarrghh! One more.

I think you'll find no one hates Leicester, but no one can stand Leicester fans.

Trust me, I live with them.

I have to hear none stop bullshit every day, '4-0' taunts and their ever changing opinion.

"Jermaine beckford is the best striker in the league"

*joins Huddersfield on loan*

"******* PL reject, never wanted him anyway, piece of **** player."

"Frankie Fielding is the worst keeper I've ever seen" said the fan who watched Chris Weale play in goal for two years.

They have this over enthusiastic mentality and willingness to latch onto a player and claim him to be a messiah. The ***** I heard about Gelson Fernandez, Michael Johnson, John Paintsil (?!), Beckford and MATT ******* MILLS at the start of last season. Literally, my co-worker had been to two matches and had decided they were going up. Happy enough to slate Craig Bryson because he's never heard of him.

This is the set of fans who chanted '2-0 down, who gives a ****, we're the leicester boys and we're going up' against Reading. Who they recently bought Matt Mills off, for 5 million.

I get the going up brigade every year with Leicester (Manish and Steve, you may have met them?) and I'd put money on them not going up.

And your point is? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

You forgot to mention that every win is evidence that we are definitely going to win the league and every defeat means Pearson should definitely be sacked.

Are all fans not like this? At least we get a bit excited about it.

I think it is possible to build a team with few resources and have success and also spend money and fail, but generally what you say is true. I'm not sure there's the difference in support for Leicester and Derby that you think there is. Leicester's support was around 30000 ish following relegation and Derby's was the same following your relegation. The fair-weather fans tend to stick around for a year or two before support levels fall to what they were previously.

I also support Leicester because I was born in Leicester. I have had season tickets while finishing in the top 10 of the Premier League, while struggling in the Championship and while in League One. I'm a pretty loyal fan and I never saw a choice of supporting any other team than Leicester. Probably like most Derby fans.

Anyways, this is my last post because I'm off to bed now and I won't remember my login tomorrow.

Enjoy following you local team!

Onepost - Leicester are a bigger club than Derby!!!

Ambitious - No they're not, we're around the same size

Onepost - - Leicester aren't a bigger club than Derby. We're around the same size.

Blimey Ambitious, you must be a Jedi lol

Ever been to Normanton Road, Sinfin, Littleover, Sunny Hill or Pear Tree?

I know plenty of Asian and Black DCFC fans I would love it if you said that to their face. Are you saying ethnic minorties shouldn't be at football matches? What's your point exactly? Derby does not have any ethnic minorities? Is football still a white working class sport? Sounds like your just a typical racist keyboard warrior. Muppet try saying that on Saturday to some Asian lads at the game keyboard warrior.

Of* Derby.

That wasn't racist . Don't jump onto someone stating something, looking for something to call racist. Just because you live in a very multi-ethnic area (as do I) doesn't mean you get to be the racist police. He was right in saying that you do indeed have an Asian fanbase. All my Asian mates are Leicester fans (or Liverpool).

Onepost - Leicester are a bigger club than Derby!!!

Ambitious - No they're not, we're around the same size

Onepost - - Leicester aren't a bigger club than Derby. We're around the same size.

Blimey Ambitious, you must be a Jedi lol

I didn't say Leicester were bigger than Derby. I said they were much of a muchness.

Damn...another post!

Aaarrghh! One more.

And your point is? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

You forgot to mention that every win is evidence that we are definitely going to win the league and every defeat means Pearson should definitely be sacked.

Are all fans not like this? At least we get a bit excited about it.

There's excitement and there's blind wankerishness (real word).

I live with you lot all year, I'm basically releasing pent up anger at bullshit. and my point was

"I get the going up brigade every year with Leicester (Manish and Steve, you may have met them?) and I'd put money on them not going up."

You say we are negative about our own club, well I think you'll find we're the norm and have realistic expectations, you lot tend to blow your own trumpet a **** load.

All from the confidence you got from winning league 1 three years ago! You don't have momentum anymore!

Will you ever beat Forest away from home 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived