Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Only decent game I got to see at Filbert (which refers to some kind of nut I believe) Street was in 1970. We lost 1-0 ....against Arsenal.

I recall going to a game at the BBG which was nullified as Leicester supporters threw things at the Burton Albion goalkeeper in the FA cup 5th roumd. The game was replayed behind closed doors with Leicester winning (wait for it!) 1-0 against the non-leaguers.

I can't even name Leicester's current ground.

I do recall Peter Shilton stopping a full speed blaster from Alan Hinton.

I do not hate Leicester City. The opposite of love is indifference.

PS Hope it's a good game tomorrow! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ, to think I come on here to get away from Leicester fans!

Our club is in a mid-transitional period. If you look at it in the grand scale of things, how much is there to look forward to from an over priced away game which we always lose (more likely this year, judging from our away form)? Not much really.

A few seasons ago, I'd have been up for this but from past experience, I couldn't be arsed.

No, I've got no time for anyone who is not going tomorrow because it's "that club we don't care about". Forest fans were telling us how they weren't going because they didn't care about Leicester... so basically you're admitting you're a fairweather c*nt and would only go to a game against your main rivals, or you're (most likely) talking absolute drivel to try and get at us.

The fans who aren't going because of the price I can fully sympathise with, after all I refused to pay £34 at Leeds this week.

This post goes to all Leicester fans here..

Just like Daveo put it, why does it matter how many fans go to the game?

What counts is what's on the pitch and I see 2 avergae NPC clubs that look to be heading in different directions..

I don't think Swansea, Fulham or Wigan give a damn about how many fans watch their team play.. They're getting value for money, watching quality players with quality football against some of the biggest names in the world..

Any Derby fan going is paying $20 too much to watch a likely defeat (without scoring) in a poor game between 2 sides than could only dream about reaching Swanseas level..

Enjoy the game, hope you get promoted, buy some good players and maybe watch some semi-decent football.. And be happy.. Don't go around other NPC boards slagging off the numbers of fans etc. when it's all completely irrelevant..

It's like a guy with a big d1ck taht doesn't use it trying to talk down to a guy with a smaller d1ck that uses it all the time.. Seriously, what's more important? I'd take PL football and good football and 1,000 fans over NPC average football and 30,000 fans..

So you don't care about them yet you decide to compile a list just to express how little thought you have for them. Righto

I think it's ******** when some of our fans say they don't care at all, yes for older fans it is no where near the level of Forest or Stoke, but even then beating Leicester will give you more enjoyment than say beating Bury at home in the 3rd round of the FA cup, surely ?

yes i did, cos simple " i don't care " never works with them so i thought i'd spend 2 min letting him know that i really don't care.

I never like losing, but they seem to think my world will end when they beat us. Sorry aint gonna happen.

you were wrong then wasn't you.

Don't come on here spouting utter tripe about the reason most of us don't give a damn when your lot NEVER sell out when we play you.

So where's the big rivalry.

Shall i tell you how many sellouts us and forest have when we play each other?, shall i?

I think you know the answer.

Jog on pal, we'll see nothing of you in a weeks time.

Quote me where I've said it's a big rivalry.

Or shall I just save you the trouble and give you a clue - I didn't say anything like it.

There is a rivalry, but it's certainly not a big one nowadays, both of us see Forest as their main rivals. Secondary rivals, if you like, arguably even third.

Congratulations for proving a point I've not argued against, I think the amount of laughs you're giving me is definitely reason enough to return in future.

This post goes to all Leicester fans here..

Just like Daveo put it, why does it matter how many fans go to the game?

What counts is what's on the pitch and I see 2 avergae NPC clubs that look to be heading in different directions..

I don't think Swansea, Fulham or Wigan give a damn about how many fans watch their team play.. They're getting value for money, watching quality players with quality football against some of the biggest names in the world..

Any Derby fan going is paying $20 too much to watch a likely defeat (without scoring) in a poor game between 2 sides than could only dream about reaching Swanseas level..

Enjoy the game, hope you get promoted, buy some good players and maybe watch some semi-decent football.. And be happy.. Don't go around other NPC boards slagging off the numbers of fans etc. when it's all completely irrelevant..

It's like a guy with a big d1ck taht doesn't use it trying to talk down to a guy with a smaller d1ck that uses it all the time.. Seriously, what's more important? I'd take PL football and good football and 1,000 fans over NPC average football and 30,000 fans..

The thing is - I wouldn't. Could you imagine if your fans were like some of the ones on the continent? Are you telling me you'd honestly turn that down?

Yes, I definitely want to see some top football from us, no doubt about it, but I appear to be in the minority that seems to genuinely give a **** about our support too. If you had amazing support you'd enjoy every single game regardless of result, absolutely no doubt about it.

yes i did, cos simple " i don't care " never works with them so i thought i'd spend 2 min letting him know that i really don't care.

I never like losing, but they seem to think my world will end when they beat us. Sorry aint gonna happen.

Saying nothing probably would have worked. Now it look like you do care to some extent yet you won't admit it, which is weird as they clearly are a 'rival'.

Do you seriously fail to spot the irony in every single thing you post about not caring about us?

your very welcome.

Still don't care.

You may not have said it but you think it so you can stop with the smart arse comments.

Did i say i didn't care. Tell me, How many rams are on your site at the mo?.

Oh and i don't care.

Not sure - I don't 'care' enough to check it up.

The more you reply to me and try to prove your point, the more you dis-prove it, even your own fans have picked up on that.

The thing is - I wouldn't. Could you imagine if your fans were like some of the ones on the continent? Are you telling me you'd honestly turn that down?

Yes, I definitely want to see some top football from us, no doubt about it, but I appear to be in the minority that seems to genuinely give a **** about our support too. If you had amazing support you'd enjoy every single game regardless of result, absolutely no doubt about it.

We had sell outs I think for 3 seasons on the trot.. One of them we won 1 game all season, the next one we saw a bunch of misfits on high wages playing sh!te football under Paul Jewell and finally the next one was Cloughs first season in charge which was also dire and we saw some crackers like losing 6-1 to Cardiff and 1-4 at home to Ssausagehorpe..

Go and ask all those fans if they enjoyed have amazing support (for this level) and watching that.. I don't think you need me to tell you the answer.. It was a dark time and it certainly wasn't fun going to PP watching us play awful.. The last time I watched Derby at PP was in 2008 under PJ in the NPC and watching the likes of Doncaster Rovers run rings round a bunch of useless mugs that were paid 10x more than those Donny players wasn't fun in the slightest..

I seriously couldn't give two hoots about numbers in the stands.. The likes of Villareal (who are probably the same size as Bradford City) were getting like 24,000 fans whilst they had the likes of Riquelme, Santi Cazorla, Pires, Gussi Rossi, Senna etc. playing for them and reaching the CL semi-finals and fighting for titles.. All of that is a dream, that's the footballers dream, not being proud of taking 1,000 fans away to a fellow NPC club on a weeknight.. Who honestly would care about that?

The footballing dream for me is watching Derby play good football and pitting themselves against European clubs.. Stoke last season got to play Valencia and went to the Mastalla.. Seriosuly, that alone would be a dream come true to watch Derby in a competitive match against a European heavyweight.. Fans? I couldn't give a damn..

Saying nothing probably would have worked

Hmmmm how do i get that across on a forum smart arse?, I would probably say your actually a leicester fan.

Do you seriously fail to spot the irony in every single thing you post about not caring about us?

Do you fail to spot in the 189 posts that we don't care?, yet you lot still persist.

Anyway dinner time now.

Oh and i don't care. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We had sell outs I think for 3 seasons on the trot.. One of them we won 1 game all season, the next one we saw a bunch of misfits on high wages playing sh!te football under Paul Jewell and finally the next one was Cloughs first season in charge which was also dire and we saw some crackers like losing 6-1 to Cardiff and 1-4 at home to Ssausagehorpe..

Go and ask all those fans if they enjoyed have amazing support (for this level) and watching that.. I don't think you need me to tell you the answer.. It was a dark time and it certainly wasn't fun going to PP watching us play awful.. The last time I watched Derby at PP was in 2008 under PJ in the NPC and watching the likes of Doncaster Rovers run rings round a bunch of useless mugs that were paid 10x more than those Donny players wasn't fun in the slightest..

I seriously couldn't give two hoots about numbers in the stands.. The likes of Villareal (who are probably the same size as Bradford City) were getting like 24,000 fans whilst they had the likes of Riquelme, Santi Cazorla, Pires, Gussi Rossi, Senna etc. playing for them and reaching the CL semi-finals and fighting for titles.. All of that is a dream, that's the footballers dream, not being proud of taking 1,000 fans away to a fellow NPC club on a weeknight.. Who honestly would care about that?

The footballing dream for me is watching Derby play good football and pitting themselves against European clubs.. Stoke last season got to play Valencia and went to the Mastalla.. Seriosuly, that alone would be a dream come true to watch Derby in a competitive match against a European heavyweight.. Fans? I couldn't give a damn..

You missed my point. I wasn't particularly on about attendances (although that does have a slight effect), I'm talking noise - going to use a poor example here but look at someone like Lech Poznan. They could be an absolute crock of ***** in every game yet games for them would still be an enjoyable experience because that's what the fans can make it. It's a poor example because it's a club that the mongs over here have jumped on the bandwagon for and that they're in a country where they're not so restricted in the stands, but you're honestly telling me you'd not enjoy every game, even defeats like **** to Burnley and Hull, if the ground was absolutely buzzing and the noise was terrific?

It's personal preference at the end of the day. I'd love to watch some top players play here, Anthony Knockaert at the minute is as good as most I've seen at this level, it's a joy to watch, but I could honestly put up with terrible football if the noise was brilliant.

We're far too reliant in this country on what happens on the pitch. I don't get why fans resign themselves to a **** day if their team loses.

The more you reply to me and try to prove your point, the more you dis-prove it, even your own fans have picked up on that.

No, just had half hour to kill, i find it hilarious how your getting all psychological on me. I'm obviously getting to you cos I DON'T CARE.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Oh and just a final one, all my mates are leicester fans and are good lads but don't go onto forums 1 day from the game and spout the drivel your lot have done.

I don't care.

No, just had half hour to kill, i find it hilarious how your getting all psychological on me. I'm obviously getting to you cos I DON'T CARE.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Oh and just a final one, all my mates are leicester fans and are good lads but don't go onto forums 1 day from the game and spout the drivel your lot have done.

I don't care.

Clown.

Anyways, won't be on here until tomorrow night. Enjoy.

You missed my point. I wasn't particularly on about attendances (although that does have a slight effect), I'm talking noise - going to use a poor example here but look at someone like Lech Poznan. They could be an absolute crock of ***** in every game yet games for them would still be an enjoyable experience because that's what the fans can make it. It's a poor example because it's a club that the mongs over here have jumped on the bandwagon for and that they're in a country where they're not so restricted in the stands, but you're honestly telling me you'd not enjoy every game, even defeats like **** to Burnley and Hull, if the ground was absolutely buzzing and the noise was terrific?

It's personal preference at the end of the day. I'd love to watch some top players play here, Anthony Knockaert at the minute is as good as most I've seen at this level, it's a joy to watch, but I could honestly put up with terrible football if the noise was brilliant.

We're far too reliant in this country on what happens on the pitch. I don't get why fans resign themselves to a **** day if their team loses.

I think noise is only generated by occasions and good football.. I've been to PP when it's been rocking only 3 or 4 times, and only against Forest, Man Utd in the LC semi-final and the playoff game against Southampton has it reached a level where it's pure tension.. Although defeats in any of those games could have easily turned the atmosphere sour..

The thing is, atmospheres are only generated by what's on the pitch and the occasion.. PP was decent when it was first built because we enjoyed top 10 PL finishes and the likes of Wanchope, Stimac, Eranio, Baiano etc. could get you off your feet... Now it's literally dead.

Stoke have this reputation for generating loads of noise.. They're competing in the PL, they were no more noisier than Barnsley when they were in the NPC.. Lech Poznan are fighting for Polish titles and play in Europe, they can entertain big names.. It's funny how the same sort of noise can't be generated by smaller Polish teams.. The same goes for Galatasary, Fenerbache and Besiktas.. Amazing atmosphere for big clubs in big games.. Other Turkish teams like Gaziantepspor obviously don't create that sort of thing..

Liverpool on European nights.. Liverpool vs Reading.. Competely different.. Celtic at home to Barca, rocking! Celtic at home to St Mirren, like a library..

I guess your catching my drift.. It's impossible for any of us to create that sort of atmosphere every week.. We're not big enough clubs, we don't have the occasions and the entertainment on the pitch doesn't get us going..

The only way the Walkers or PP would be rocking is if we're both in the PL and there is so much tension on the game and on the pitch it's far better.. I remember against you guys the 2-3 defeat with Savage winning a penalty.. The atmosphere was at boiling point, it meant so much.. How can anyone honestly get excited by a straight forward NPC game with little quality.. Leicester-Derby games can be great, but we need to be in the PL for it to happen.. or a playoff game or cup semi-final etc.

[size=5]WARNING Do not read if easily offended[/size]

Posted Yesterday, 02:07 PM

[url=http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2419629]http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/public/style_images/master/snapbackCaptain Shrapnel, on 29 November 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

C'mon lets smash these cvnts.

I could not have put it better myself. Lovely. I hate Derby County. Biggest game of the season for me. Let's fvck the fvcking fvckers right up the fvcker. X

(Lifted off the Foxes forum.)

Cultured or what? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived