Sky Broadband V BT Infinity

Boycie

Which broad band provider do you use?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do not get BT unless you are getting Infinity as they do loads of things to try and get to upgrade like having the phone signal connected to the Internet so everytime someone rings you the connection goes.But if you have infinity its really good and quick im told.Sky can be equally as good.But it depends whether you are ordering the tv with the broadband if so the Sky then

That is totally rubbish and illegal. If your phone BB cuts out everytime the phone rings it's as your set up is wrong either on your telephony wiring or your filters.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What??? I had Sky for Ages then due Cutting back found BT was the cheaper option good at first but the Internet always comes and goes.

If that happens on your line then either tyour line has a fault, your internal wiring is faulty or, most likely, you don't have your DSL filters set up correctly. BT do not do what you say they do. Your problem is nothing to do with your ISP, you (or they, if it was an engineer install) must have cacked up the installation.

Ps-My Brother works for a Telecom management service and deals with complaints and orders all day so i think i have a great source of a wide range of evidence.Whereas all you have is how it works for you not everyone.

He works in a call centre, he doesn't have to understand what the cause of problems.

We upgraded from BT to BT Infinity & actually worked out cheaper on the same package.

Speed went from 1.5meg to 30, which is plenty quick enough for what I need, so am happy.

Having said that, I'd go with Virgin for the lot if I could - I hate giving Murdoch any of my money for TV - but there are no plans for Virgin to come to Worksop.

I'm on plusnet and it's been great.

No contract,english call center(not that i've had to use them) and a good deal BB and phone.

Had BT=sucked

Had Sky=sucked

Had Tesco=sucked

Can't see me changing anytime soon. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not saying the others won't be any good for you good folk but they let me down,so don't recommend them.

Telling someone they don't know what they're talking about? How is that a personal insult (esp. when they clearly don't)?

Was that not a little over-zealous?

You know what you put in the deleted sentence Martyn, it wasn't needed. We can get the jist of what you are saying without those kind of remarks.

Telling someone they don't know what they're talking about? How is that a personal insult (esp. when they clearly don't)?

Was that not a little over-zealous?

?.

1.We had someone come out and look at it

2.BT after i complained about it have tried getting me to upgrade

3.My brother dosent work in a call centre.He works in a Company where they sell tv packages via their companies and to get the job has to know about each product on numerous occasions has had to deal with customers complaining and instead of sending them to the companies BT,Sky etc he helps them out and has had 10+ people say they have had this problem.

DO you really think if i only knew of myself to be having this problem i would post my previous comment otherwise that would make me just like you

Orange

But i darent move cus my derby are second in the footballmanager league behind chelsea with two games to go, and any interruption in service might ruin it.

You know what you put in the deleted sentence Martyn, it wasn't needed. We can get the jist of what you are saying without those kind of remarks.

Actually I can't quite remember! I'm not one for insulting people (especially over such a silly thing) so was surprised to see whatever it was modded. Apologies if it was out of turn.

1.We had someone come out and look at it

2.BT after i complained about it have tried getting me to upgrade

3.My brother dosent work in a call centre.He works in a Company where they sell tv packages via their companies and to get the job has to know about each product on numerous occasions has had to deal with customers complaining and instead of sending them to the companies BT,Sky etc he helps them out and has had 10+ people say they have had this problem.

DO you really think if i only knew of myself to be having this problem i would post my previous comment otherwise that would make me just like you

That's lovely story. I fail to see what it's got to do with you completely mis-attributing your fault to underhandedness by BT though.

I'm not saying that you're a liar, just that your wrong. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Oh come on people, a row about who's right or wrong about the best sodding provider? Really??

Now kiss and make up and put each other back on your Christmas card list 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

the best sodding provider?

What do sodding providers erm....provide?

"cos have hay verpound a sodding please mate"

speak bloody english woman 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

[size=6]HOLD THE FRONT PAGE![/size]

[size=3]The new sky hub is just the same as the recent last sky N series router but has a case designed by Apple.[/size]

[size=3]Its just to make it look sexy, and aimed at the "look what I've got" brigade.[/size]

[size=3]Just received my free upgrade to the old shape N seris router from Sky today. The Sexy hub would have cost me £40. But it's the same board inside.[/size]

[size=3]Straight from the Irish horses mouth. (I never told you though, in fact, you aint seen me, right ! *touches nose*)[/size]

Do you know the make & model of them?

Got my Infinity install today. He's late.

I can't see where it says on my new router? but the guy on the Sky broadband helpline told me I didn't have the N seris before.

I've had the old one about 18month.

I can't see where it says on my new router? but the guy on the Sky broadband helpline told me I didn't have the N seris before.

I've had the old one about 18month.

the old one is a sagemcom black with silver sides, the new one is again Sagemcom but mainly silver with half black front. The new one has v.6 on the sticker. I assume thats version 6?

Archived