Places to eat before the match.

Duracell

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harvester is nice, but does get busy. I think it depends on how much per head you're willing to spend, I think Chiquito is decent, probably wouldn't go before a game, more of a subway man myself in that aspect but it's got good food and a good bar, a bit pricey for a pre-match meal around £15 a head and then drinks.

Harvester is nice, but does get busy. I think it depends on how much per head you're willing to spend, I think Chiquito is decent, probably wouldn't go before a game, more of a subway man myself in that aspect but it's got good food and a good bar, a bit pricey for a pre-match meal around £15 a head and then drinks.

Thanks for the response, but that's too pricey. Me Dad is fed up with the guy who serves the Carvery in Chad, he wants a sit down meal with beer and knifes and forks but he's a tight arse that probably won't spend more than £7.50.

Frankie & Benny's, have a look at the specials menu (not bad for lower prices), but either go early or better still ring up beforehand and try and get a table otherwise you've no chance.

Frankie & Benny's, have a look at the specials menu (not bad for lower prices), but either go early or better still ring up beforehand and try and get a table otherwise you've no chance.

Been looking there and trying to persude my Dad to take me there. I'm a poor student so it doesn't matter where we go, he's paying, that's why he's not too keen on that.

Gah, parents.

Didn't know there was a toby carvery around, how long does it take to walk from the toby to the stadium?

It's in Chaddesden, and it's a fifteen/twenty minute walk, but it's an easy one. If you park by the pub and you're heading down South after the game it's a very quick getaway too, I live (mostly) in Kettering but I'm home by quarter to seven most home games.

Been looking there and trying to persude my Dad to take me there. I'm a poor student so it doesn't matter where we go, he's paying, that's why he's not too keen on that.

Gah, parents.

Have a look at their website, think the specials menu is on there?

It's in Chaddesden, and it's a fifteen/twenty minute walk, but it's an easy one. If you park by the pub and you're heading down South after the game it's a very quick getaway too, I live (mostly) in Kettering but I'm home by quarter to seven most home games.

I'm by the University (I'm a student), so going through town and then towards the Toby and back again.

And, 20% discount for ST holders, applies all year at F&B's (not just on matchday's either).

But Merlin, (the new one that's just opened), that's nice too, decent prices and you're allowed to leave your car there after you've eaten, so that's another fiver saved.

And, 20% discount for ST holders, applies all year at F&B's (not just on matchday's either).

But Merlin, (the new one that's just opened), that's nice too, decent prices and you're allowed to leave your car there after you've eaten, so that's another fiver saved.

This changes matters, all you have to show is your ST?

I'm by the University (I'm a student), so going through town and then towards the Toby and back again.

Well that's a bit of a walk but I guess it's worth it as a Student, you can pile as much as you like on your plate and then you don't need to eat again til December.

Thanks for the response, but that's too pricey. Me Dad is fed up with the guy who serves the Carvery in Chad, he wants a sit down meal with beer and knifes and forks but he's a tight arse that probably won't spend more than £7.50.

I would say, I haven't been there in years and don't know if it is still open but across the road from toby carvery there is a nice little pub - used to go to masons place college 4 years ago and went there for dinner every day, was top. Peregrine or something like that, as I said haven't been in years.

If you're open to going into town, then Standing Order is decent for food, very cheap! A bear and a big ass burger for 7 quid (roughly)

I would say, I haven't been there in years and don't know if it is still open but across the road from toby carvery there is a nice little pub - used to go to masons place college 4 years ago and went there for dinner every day, was top. Peregrine or something like that, as I said haven't been in years.

If you're open to going into town, then Standing Order is decent for food, very cheap! A bear and a big ass burger for 7 quid (roughly)

Would that be a 'spoons pub and burger and a pint deal

The Peregrine is still open, hadn't thought of that one, cheers.

Archived