Wilfred Zaha

Ambitious

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to England selection im i right in thinking Jay Bothroyd got a call up while in the Championship under Fabio and he was old.That was one of the Embarassing moments not spoke of.I remember because forest fans were angry as they felt if anyone in the champ was good enough it was lewis Mcgugan

Going back to England selection im i right in thinking Jay Bothroyd got a call up while in the Championship under Fabio and he was old.That was one of the Embarassing moments not spoke of.I remember because forest fans were angry as they felt if anyone in the champ was good enough it was lewis Mcgugan

Yes, that was a complete joke like Kevin Davies!

Jack Butland was the last CCC first callup (England debut before Birm debut), techincally Rob Green was Euro 2012 before that. Another was Dave Nugent then of Preston, 1 cap one goal, 2007 v Andorra 0-0 at HT!

Forget his ability, forget is potential, forget all that ******...

When Zaha heard about the call up his response should of been what time do we leave? If a player is reluctant to accept the call up and needs persuading to play for England Hodgson should of found his balls, retracted the call up and told him where to go....Ivory Coast is nice this time of year apparently.

Even if he plays against Sweden he can still change his mind and go play for the Ivory Coast as it's only a friendly.

I hope he doesn't play and I hope he chooses Ivory Coast and plays in the African Cup.

His valuation has now dropped to 500k for me.

I get why maybe Zaha is thinking about ivory coast because they have good players and he was actually born there.But Sterling choosing Jamaica he born and raised in london right.We already have loads of wingers Walcott is faster so his main and only attribute is cancelled out there.So forget him and replace him with say.............WIll hughes before Wales catch on

It shouldn't be about what players your country has, it shouldn't be what chance of winning trophies you will have. It should be about representing YOUR country, if Zaha wanted to represent England he would of jumped at the chance to join up with the England squad, he didn't.

Commons playing for Scotland shouldn't happen, Camp playing or should I say sitting on the bench now for Northern Ireland shouldn't happen. I can understand the reasons why but as a fan it doesn't sit right with me at all.

Zaha picked over Austin?

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

played 15 scored 4 set up 2

played 15 scored 20 set up 2

Zaha being hyped is the typical english fan mindset - no place for intelligent players as long as you can run really fast 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Zaha is more of a winger, goal record is poor but I agree I'd of preferred to see a striker called up in Defoe or even Hooper.

Rooney is out now which leaves us with Sturridge who spends most his Saturdays sat on his arse and Welbeck who is now 4th choice it would seem at United.

If it was picked on form neither Sturridge or Welbeck should be in the squad.

^I know right

If we are doing this to bring on young players

Then Charlie austin is only 23 is prolific every season and is an english man.This years Jordan rhodes top europen striker by the stats atm.

For me Southampton and Aston villa have alot of young english players who are playing regular first team football

Jay Rodriguez

Nathaniel Clyne

Adam Lallana

James ward-prowse(Not a regualr but looks class)

Mathew Lowton

Fabian Delph

Ryan Bennett

But these players wont get picked over players like milner and barry who have played more reserve football than first team in the last year.

I just caught look at The Sun.

Palace's £20 million rated wing wonder.

That's what makes him worth £20m!! A media hyped bandwagon.

"ooh but he's 20"

Yeah? Well he's still got some way to go to be as consistently effective as Snodgrass (awesome at this level). How can being young and occasionally unplayable come to this. If Ward was 20....

Pick a player, go crazy. Bale, Zaha. Next I reckon it'll be Baines. £40m to City anyone?

[size=5]Will Hughes dream move to Liverpool looks to be finnally coming true! [/size]

The young Liverpool supporter who currently plays for Derby County has come to Liverpools attention with a 25 yard screamer against Millwall and has also been given his opportunity to shine for England U-21 after being a stand out for the U-19 squad, Will has stated previously his love for Liverpool and with Derby looking to sell so they can reinvest the move looks ever closer.

Archived