Board Out? or Manager Out? or Both?

DCFC94

You will find it very dificult to substantiate your statement that I am wrong to assert that the debts have grown under GSE from information in the public domain. I will be happy to accept either a retraction or a reasoned arguement based on information which [size=4]you may have that has not been publicly divulged but that you can show comes from a credible source.

[/size]

[size=4]"There is not an expectation of repayment." Tom Glick.[/size]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will find it very dificult to substantiate your statement that I am wrong to assert that the debts have grown under GSE from information in the public domain. I will be happy to accept either a retraction or a reasoned arguement based on information which you may have that has not been publicly divulged but that you can show comes from a credible source.

Reading that again is rather annoying. What prompted you to write that? Not just the context but the implication that we're in some kind of an argument and you've already got the upper-hand? Bizarre.

Reading that again is rather annoying. What prompted you to write that? Not just the context but the implication that we're in some kind of an argument and you've already got the upper-hand? Bizarre.

[size=3]I wrote, ‘Without meaning to depress you further, the one thing that you praise GSE for is probably incorrect. The debt is almost certainly higher now than when GSE took over. Admittedly, a large slice of that is internal debt owed to the owners, but it is still a debt which may one day have to be repaid.’[/size]

[size=3]To which you replied, ‘Wrong. Although you did admit you weren't sure.[/size]

[size=3]The owners 'loaned' the money out to the club with no intention of getting it back. It was basically an investment but for complicated reasons they called it a loan.’[/size]

[size=3] [/size]

[size=3]You appeared to say that I was incorrect to suggest that the club is now more in debt than when GSE took over. Your reasoning for that appears to be that the owners don’t expect repayment. This is not a justification for saying that I was wrong. I acknowledged that the internal debt might not need to be repaid – which is why I used the term ‘may’. However, the money that the owners have put in for the last two seasons has been loans rather than capital. Tom Glick stated that it was expected that future investment would come as loans. He also stated that more money had been loaned since the publication of the last accounts. Taking the debt figure in the last accounts and the figure that Glick quoted as having been put in since, the debt came to c£30m. At takeover it was £31m. The club has been losing money constantly since we were relegated. It is safe to assume that although the wages have been further trimmed the revenue side is also down, consequently, the club are most likely still losing money. As some time has passed since the accounts were published and Glick made those statements I assume that the debt has since increased. Thus, the club is probably (as none of us outsiders know the current situation) more in debt than when GSE took over.[/size]

[size=3]As to why it was done, you implied that you had some knowledge of the reason. To the best of my knowledge this reason has never been made public. There was lots of conjecture on here in the debates around the accounts, but no solid information. I was hoping that as you decided to take it upon yourself to call me ‘wrong’ that you might have a definitive answer. It seems that you don’t and really should not go around making statements like that which you cannot back up.[/size]

Clough will be the fall guy eventually and it'll buy GSE/Owners more time. You just sense that the fans ain't going to be happy with midtable aspirations for much longer and that seems to be about the best we can aim for.

[url=http://www.statto.com/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/records]http://www.statto.co...hotspur/records

we inflicted Spurs highest ever scoring loss that day.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

we were 3-2 up at halftime..scored five in second half

I was there 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> what a game that was as well

I was there 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> what a game that was as well

I was there too, it was at the time when you could walk behind the 'Popside' to see

'The Super Rams' attacking both halves at close quarters, we were amongst the 'Spurs fans in the

second half, and a few were literally in tears when our eighth went in , happy days..

[size=3]I wrote, ‘Without meaning to depress you further, the one thing that you praise GSE for is probably incorrect. The debt is almost certainly higher now than when GSE took over. Admittedly, a large slice of that is internal debt owed to the owners, but it is still a debt which may one day have to be repaid.’[/size]

[size=3]To which you replied, ‘Wrong. Although you did admit you weren't sure.[/size]

[size=3]The owners 'loaned' the money out to the club with no intention of getting it back. It was basically an investment but for complicated reasons they called it a loan.’[/size]

[size=3]You appeared to say that I was incorrect to suggest that the club is now more in debt than when GSE took over. Your reasoning for that appears to be that the owners don’t expect repayment. This is not a justification for saying that I was wrong. I acknowledged that the internal debt might not need to be repaid – which is why I used the term ‘may’. However, the money that the owners have put in for the last two seasons has been loans rather than capital. Tom Glick stated that it was expected that future investment would come as loans. He also stated that more money had been loaned since the publication of the last accounts. Taking the debt figure in the last accounts and the figure that Glick quoted as having been put in since, the debt came to c£30m. At takeover it was £31m. The club has been losing money constantly since we were relegated. It is safe to assume that although the wages have been further trimmed the revenue side is also down, consequently, the club are most likely still losing money. As some time has passed since the accounts were published and Glick made those statements I assume that the debt has since increased. Thus, the club is probably (as none of us outsiders know the current situation) more in debt than when GSE took over.[/size]

[size=3]As to why it was done, you implied that you had some knowledge of the reason. To the best of my knowledge this reason has never been made public. There was lots of conjecture on here in the debates around the accounts, but no solid information. I was hoping that as you decided to take it upon yourself to call me ‘wrong’ that you might have a definitive answer. It seems that you don’t and really should not go around making statements like that which you cannot back up.[/size]

Okay pal, I don't care.. I didn't care too much yesterday, and I won't care too much tomorrow, of the day after. I commented on your post because I thought I was lightly adding to the discussion. Clearly the way I stated it was too much for you and it somehow offended your intelligence or understanding of the subject. Well guess what? I don't care. And tbh, I didn't realise someone could care so much as yourself, but hey, we're all different.

So then...I'm sorry if I offended you by being the one to tell you that you were wrong- remember, I don't care if you were wrong, or if i was wrong.

I'm sorry for not being as anal as yourself- remember I don't care.

I'm sorry for not giving too much of a damn on the subject- But guess what? It was because I don't care.

I'm also sorry for being too light hearted but not putting that across enough- again, because I don't care.

I'm sorry for not putting any effort into this post.

Okay pal, I don't care.. I didn't care too much yesterday, and I won't care too much tomorrow, of the day after. I commented on your post because I thought I was lightly adding to the discussion. Clearly the way I stated it was too much for you and it somehow offended your intelligence or understanding of the subject. Well guess what? I don't care. And tbh, I didn't realise someone could care so much as yourself, but hey, we're all different.

So then...I'm sorry if I offended you by being the one to tell you that you were wrong- remember, I don't care if you were wrong, or if i was wrong.

I'm sorry for not being as anal as yourself- remember I don't care.

I'm sorry for not giving too much of a damn on the subject- But guess what? It was because I don't care.

I'm also sorry for being too light hearted but not putting that across enough- again, because I don't care.

I'm sorry for not putting any effort into this post.

forgiven..

Archived