Goal scorer

DCFCfranco

before we start this isn't a wrist slashing thread

what does everyone think of our strikers is there any that can score 20 goals this year

sammon doesn't look like he could do it

ward isn't a center forward but seems to score a few recently

theo is sat on the bench and only comes on at the end

tyson was scoring a couple early on but now cant get off the bench

personally i dont think any of them could get 20 goals this year and i cant stand ward playing up front.

also what do people think our best partnership is?

for me i think sammon and theo is. Theo has a knack of grabbing the odd goal and i think sammon will soon start scoring.

discuss.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Sammon and Theo together. I don't like the one for one business we do with subs, Sammon puts himself about much more and is a real handful, we look half the threat when he goes off.

I think Sammon will score 10-15 this year, not too bad if you can get someone similar next to him who will score the same.

No need to panic yet, the goals will come (back).

At home Theo and Sammon up top and ward on left and drop Hendrick.

Away from 5 in midfield and play Sammon up top on his own with Will Hughes just off him.

No one in our squad will get 20 league goals and would highly doubt more than four players in the whole league getting 20 or more, last season o ly two players achieved it.

I think it was clear long before he signed that Sammon was singled out as the player to provide us with physical presence and a focal point up front and bring the midfield into the game.

I think Clough may have thought well he could surprise a few people and score goals too and in time they may come but it seems the above is what he brings to the table.

I don't think we have a prolific goalscorer in our ranks but we have players who will chip in with a reasonable amount if given the chance.

It's hard to say what our best combination is really as Ward and Sammon are clearly favoured by Clough and Tyson and Robinson haven't had enough minutes as a result.

I'd like to see how Sammon and Tyson would work as a pairing out of sheer intrigue.

Sammon has missed some good chances, but is helping our general play. We weren't the same when Theo came on. You can't fault Ward's record at the moment, so why would you not be able to stand him playing up front?

dont like ward upfront because he does stupid things like pointless step overs ans he did a stupid back heel today all his good stuff comes from the left and thats where he should play.

Exactly right dan. Stick wardy back on wing, coutts in middle n drop passenger hendrick.

Problem then though mate you've got a midfield two of Hughes and Bryson who have really off poor protection to two CBs.

We're STILL a protective midfielder short. It's been an obvious vacancy for a multiple transfer windows. Would Eustace of done that role? I don't know. But it needs to be a player that can be played when protection is needed.

Problem then though mate you've got a midfield two of Hughes and Bryson who have really off poor protection to two CBs.

We're STILL a protective midfielder short. It's been an obvious vacancy for a multiple transfer windows. Would Eustace of done that role? I don't know. But it needs to be a player that can be played when protection is needed.

This is true. Shame no Bailey about!

This is true. Shame no Bailey about!

If Bailey could nail 50/50 tackles he'd be awesome. I like him. I like his discipline. I'd like him on the bench. Especially with Tyson, Robinson and Doyle on the bench. When are three strikers (2 very alike) ever going to be brought off the bench. There's room for Bailey imo

If Bailey could nail 50/50 tackles he'd be awesome. I like him. I like his discipline. I'd like him on the bench. Especially with Tyson, Robinson and Doyle on the bench. When are three strikers (2 very alike) ever going to be brought off the bench. There's room for Bailey imo

Defo shocking bavies n Bailey cant shift glick's nephew old doyleyboy.

Archived