Which bus to tour Derby ?

Cisse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want the open top tourist one that takes you round Chaddesden, Normanton, Alvaston, Sinfin and Spondon

Thanks. I'm getting there tomorrow with my dad and it's his first trip to Derby. Though that he might like some kind of tour there after all the raving he has heard about the place.

By the way Cisse don't look for that open top bus as it won't be there, and those areas I'd stay away from unless you want to see how the people on benefits live. You can get all day bus tickets tho

[url=https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/fares-and-tickets/choosing-the-right-ticket]https://www.trentbar...he-right-ticket

But where to actually go in Derby really depends on what your interests are, if it's drinking loads you may as well just stay in the centre

I've been a lot of different towns in Midlands and will visit some of them this time too. Now I'm looking to expand my knowledge about Derby just outside of the City Center which is becoming very familiar for me.

Matlock sounds a bit iffy. Buxton might be worth a visit.

You could, in theory, walk from City Centre (Riverside gardens thingy) past PP all the way past wonderful Alvaston and to Elvaston Castle. Or ride. Or drive. Or bus.

Wouldn't go Allenton/Normanton way. Chaddesden is a massive suburban sprawl.

There's not a lot to see really. Housing, mugging, housing, Tesco, Housing, girl in ski pants with 5 kids under the age of 2, housing.

Leicester is Western Europe's equivalent of Scandanavia's Malmo, I'd steer clear.

Agree.

Derby - ugly city, decent folk

Nottingham - some beautiful buildings. Guns

Leicester - ugly and people like LeicesterRam hanging outside shops and ting yeah?

I remember years ago (before I lived in Leicestershire), I had to go University Hospital Leicester, got lost, pulled up to speak to some locals, first two blokes didn't have a clue where it was and the other one I couldn't understand, I then got back in my car to find someone else, drove 150 yards up the road turned left and found myself at the massive hospital. I had to chuckle.

Archived