Player ratings today

North_Stand_Ram

Watford had a shocker.. I've never seen defending like that before..

They were like ******* awful, never ever seen it before.. Just proves money doesnt solve everything...

I dont know if we played well or if Watford played terrible.. lol

We did play well, BUT

Watford were shocking!

I honestly cant remember a team perform that bad against us in a league game in all my years of watching Derby.

They didnt even attempt to come forward till after it was 5-0, and defensively we just cut right through them without even trying.

A ruthless team infront of goal with players who like to have an effort on goal (ie a decent premiership team) would have scored every time they came forward and reachd double figures against these clowns.

if it wasnt for our desire to have one more pass and try walk it in every time we would have a lot more than 5 ourselves, and thats from a team of goal shy players!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielding - 8. May not have had many classic goalie things to do but the confidence Keogh and O'Connor had to use him as an extra passing option on the ball is such a world away from the dark days of ensuring the ball went nowhere near Bywater.

Brayford - 7. Some good link-up stuff with Coutts and did his defending job well. Still not quite what he can be when going forward.

Keogh - 8. Good tackler, great header of the ball. Only question marks for me is his defensive positioning, but some of this is an unfortunate consequence of our more passing game.

O'Connor - 8. The better footballer of our two centre-halves and he is clearly enjoying partnering Keogh. Same issues as with Keogh though.

Roberts - 8. Barely noticed him. Good.

Coutts - 9 and MOTM. Excellent performance, almost without fault. Heard comparisons with Scott Parker and Paul Thirlwell before he signed - utterly bizarre. So far, more comparible with Cywka, but a better passer and looks more likely to do something productive. He will often flatter to deceive, but yesterday, he really was that good.

Bryson - 8. Covered every blade of grass and was an important cog in the machine as ever. Will make better passing performances, though.

Hendrick - 7. Much better ball retention than Wolves. Much more of a presence in the midfield too.

Hughes - 7.5 Did few things wrong, but Hughes will be the first person to tell you that he wants more from his game than that. Good passes, a nice cross, but just a little short of the brilliance I have sometimes seen. Encouraging that we won 5-1 and that was probably one of his weaker performances...and he scored!

Ward - 9. Zola cited him as our best player and he may well be right. Lots of things don't come off for him and much of his game you don't notice, but he caused many, many issues and played a part in all things good yesterday. Won over with him up front.

Sammon - 7. Still doing his pre-season really but it was interesting how many Watford players swarmed around him every time the ball went near him. First touch wasn't great and looked nackered by the end of the game, but he was knocking on the door and asking questions all the time and created space for others. Might be the missing piece in the jigsaw. Might.

We did play well, BUT

Watford were shocking!

I honestly cant remember a team perform that bad against us in a league game in all my years of watching Derby.

They didnt even attempt to come forward till after it was 5-0, and defensively we just cut right through them without even trying.

A ruthless team infront of goal with players who like to have an effort on goal (ie a decent premiership team) would have scored every time they came forward and reachd double figures against these clowns.

if it wasnt for our desire to have one more pass and try walk it in every time we would have a lot more than 5 ourselves, and thats from a team of goal shy players!

There have been many teams that have come to Pride Park and have been poor but we never took them to the cleaners, yesterday we did

Archived