Ref Watch 2014-15

robglosta

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a strange thing I picked up on, or maybe I'm wrong

Did he ever actually make sure a wall was back the full distance? He just seemed to vaguely point without ever doing the usual strides out.

Nah, I saw that.

There was that bizarre incident in the second half from their FK (Forsyth foul near the corner flag) and the Bmouth player seemed to refuse to take it because the wall wasn't far enough back. The ref didn't stride it out or anything and I actually commented that the wall seemed a little bit too close. It just seemed lazy.

Nah, I saw that.

There was that bizarre incident in the second half from their FK (Forsyth foul near the corner flag) and the Bmouth player seemed to refuse to take it because the wall wasn't far enough back. The ref didn't stride it out or anything and I actually commented that the wall seemed a little bit too close. It just seemed lazy.

You going to write any more match reports mate?

Nah, I saw that.

Will, not wall.

I thought 1st half he was decent like others have said. 2nd half went to pot! Many around me said we would rather of had the goal! Even thoe it was good to see Camp get sent off.

In general he let a lot of things go on both sides I seen a lot of OTT shoulder to shoulders when I thought they would get a free kick and didn't give it.

Having only seen the Camp incident just.... ( I was at work )

Got to the right decision in the end, how it got to it was another matter.... I'm sure he will admit to his superiors he got a little mixed up.

It was handball, it was outside the box, it was denying a goal scoring opportunity in the refs eyes (when he got to the decision eventually) a red card offence, you don't play advantage for a red card offence....

Funny how there was a lot of comment on what he should and shouldn't of done.... Yet a lot missed the handball or didn't see it.

Like I said earlier, think he made a boo boo and when he realised it, it made look shall we say, a bit buffonish.... He got to right decision in the end.

Like I've always said, refs make mistakes, so do players and managers etc.

Dug into the laws of the game as I was intrigued by the situation and turned up this in law 5 which relates to the referee and the advantage rule:

The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:

Archived