Best concerts you ever saw

Cisse

Edgar Broughton Band - Kings Hall Derby about 1974, not keen on the band but it was my first live concert and I loved the vibe.

Deep Purple - Coventry Theatre 1975, brill.

Pink Floyd - Knebworth 1975, out to lunch.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Birmingham Odeon '76 ish, brill,

Led Zeppelin Knebworth '78/79 can't remember was still out to lunch.

Paul McCartney - Wembley 1991 excellent.

Paul McCartney - O2 2010 Still got it the old buggar.

I was there at the O2 for Paul McCartney 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an experience Brummie! Everyone goes on about those bands, but to have been their and actually experience it first-hand, is an actual achievment in my eyes.

It was Duracell!, but remember, we had no Youtube and Intermet. The atmosphere and experience of those concerts was unique but now there is the chance to hear and see what all the fuss was about and to pick and choose the best music form all eras and it's free!

It's difficult to say whether seeing the Rams win Div one was better, it was certainly memorable as was seeing the sunderland team of Leeds beaters bring the cup to Sunderland whilst on a course up that way.

Most live events seem to be on too big, and too expensive, a scale for my liking nowadays. but enjoy being young.... I sure did!

Off the top of my head...

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - London 2010

Explosions In The Sky - London 2011

Arcade Fire - Brixton 2005

Bad Religion - London 2002

I saw Explosions in the Sky last year too - in Camden? Was really good.

excuse me..it was just 'The Dreamers'..

Wrong, when I saw them it wes definitely Freddie Garrity because I spoke to him before he went into the venue, during the performance and afterwards. He has since passed away so you've missed your chance!

My wife and I also saw ans spoke to Gerry Marsden with his Pacemakers at the Talk of the Town in Derby and again around here.

Wrong, when I saw them it wes definitely Freddie Garrity because I spoke to him before he went into the venue, during the performance and afterwards. He has since passed away so you've missed your chance!

My wife and I also saw ans spoke to Gerry Marsden with his Pacemakers at the Talk of the Town in Derby and again around here.

not wrong at all, when I saw 'The Dreamers , Freddie wasn't there, he may have been dead anyway..

I saw Explosions in the Sky last year too - in Camden? Was really good.

Yup that's the one! I have mixed feelings about some of their studio work but they were excellent live.

I also forgot to add -

Cast - 2012

Broken Social Scene - 2011

Super Furry Animals - 2007

the best was Metallica 1990. second best was Bon Jovi 88/89.Lita Ford was the support artist.Fit as ....Motorhead last year was quality too...couldnt hear a thing the following day

I got free tickets to see Bon Jovi live at the O2 back in 2010 - even though I dislike most his music it was worth it to see 'Livin' on a Prayer' Live!

Archived