Where's the money?

marko

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so are we saying the shack money was to pay this owed? and we wont be using it to strengthen?

League regulations state that any money deposited with the League by Burnley would first be applied to repayment of any indebtedness by us to Barnsley (all fees are routed through the League,rather than club to club).I don't know if our arrangement with Barnsley was based on instalments,I'm just suggesting the possibility.Would I be right in saying that we signed Shackell last year at roughly the same time we sold him this year?

We'll all have to wait until the dust settles on August 31 before making judgements.

so are we saying the shack money was to pay this owed? and we wont be using it to strengthen?

I think it more likely that we were paid up on Shackell but a large installment was due to be paid on 50 games (he played 49) so as well as the transfer fee they saved the next installment - at least I hope so.

The worrying thing is that we sold our only experienced CB and (so the story goes) are looking to replace him with a younger, cheaper and likely not as good CB if you ignore future potential (based on the fact none of the targets I have heard are at Shack's level) - the whole point of this, we were told, was to make money available for a striker especially as Davies was leaving. Now we did not want to lose Davies and had offered a contract so I would assume any money we got in would be available along with the wage offered in the contract he turned down, especially as NC said he wanted a striker before savies turned down the new deal. it now appears that we are going to take a striker on loan not permanent - so what happened to the Shackell money being used to buy a striker? Surely we are not going to spend it on a striker that will piss off in a year, if that is the case we might as well keep savies and let him go on a free in 12 months.

I know we have to cut costs and that will lead to unpopular decisions - the irritating thing is that they give us reasons why and tell us what they are going to do to improve things and then don't back it up - obviously if we sign a decent CB and CF (permanently or at least on loan with a view to permanent) then I will take it all back

Wouldn't take much notice of the < 1 year,the "on demand" part is more relevant.The revolving loan would fall into the first category,with the investor loans in the latter.No dividends taken so far,nor would I expect any whilst the loans are o/s.Dividends would have tax implications,whereas loan repayments would have none.

One of the reasons I mentioned the possible sale of academy products is the fact that any large sale would no doubt put us in overall profit in the year in question,yet it's highly unlikely that any corporation tax would be payable due to past accumulated losses.This would therefore make such a route attractive (if that were the agenda).The problem I have with a perception that any such sales would be reinvested in the team is that sure,we'd have the cash to buy decent players,but would we be willing to pay the wages to match ability.

These owners appear to be very good at managing major crises of consumer confidence,and I can just see someting like the following arising in future......'Gee,our investor group has put in an awful lot without any return,etc,etc'.

Great to see somebody prepared to dig below the surface and give out some interesting information. On the hip I had one replaced a couple of years ago, I went through years of discomfort before biting the bullet and getting it done and my advice is get it seen too as soon as you can. The physio and recovery is nothing like as bad as knee replacements and you are soon pain free.

I was told on x-ray that both mine were shot but I only felt pain in one, the other is hurting now so I might see you in hospital.

Great to see somebody prepared to dig below the surface and give out some interesting information. On the hip I had one replaced a couple of years ago, I went through years of discomfort before biting the bullet and getting it done and my advice is get it seen too as soon as you can. The physio and recovery is nothing like as bad as knee replacements and you are soon pain free.

I was told on x-ray that both mine were shot but I only felt pain in one, the other is hurting now so I might see you in hospital.

Thanks for that,and the hip info.My GP tells me there's an 18 month waiting list,so I won't be joining you anytime soon!

Thanks for that,and the hip info.My GP tells me there's an 18 month waiting list,so I won't be joining you anytime soon!

Things have gone downhill then from less than 3 years ago. I was booked in in 6 weeks and walking without sticks in another 3 weeks after that.

Things have gone downhill then from less than 3 years ago. I was booked in in 6 weeks and walking without sticks in another 3 weeks after that.

A lot of things have gone downhill,thanks to certain events! As you're new to the forum you won't know that I was diagnosed with RA last year and can expect to see a rheumatologist in 2015 ! We'd better stop this exchange now,otherwise "off topic" reprimand will come our way-you'll probably get away with it as a first offender!

A lot of things have gone downhill,thanks to certain events! As you're new to the forum you won't know that I was diagnosed with RA last year and can expect to see a rheumatologist in 2015 ! We'd better stop this exchange now,otherwise "off topic" reprimand will come our way-you'll probably get away with it as a first offender!

Sorry about your illness and breaking the rules, I wasn't aware honest!

Where's the money? Good question! Could someone get an answer from the club regarding what the revenue was for last season from food and drink sales inside the ground? If what I've been told is true, you'll be amazed and as disgusted as I am!!! Not sure if we'll get an answer but maybe one of the account geniuses on here can locate a figure.

Where's the money? Good question! Could someone get an answer from the club regarding what the revenue was for last season from food and drink sales inside the ground? If what I've been told is true, you'll be amazed and as disgusted as I am!!! Not sure if we'll get an answer but maybe one of the account geniuses on here can locate a figure.

It must be huge cos I can never get a pint at half time in the East Stand due to the queues. End up with a warm plastic bottle from outside or go without.

Catering rights were sold off,so sales are now irrelevant to the club.The income from the rights is hidden in a global figure.

Thanks ramblur, I thought you would have the answer! What a shame we miss out that revenue stream! Any idea how long the rights were sold off for or was it permanent?

Pretty certain it was for 10 years (from date we sold them off).Also seem to remember AP saying it would enhance the matchday experience-not heard too many stories of enhancement,not 1 to be honest!

Archived