Where's the money?

marko

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling to understand where the money from the Shackell deal is going. As it stands other than the Shackell deal we've probably seen as much money come in as go out as I would imagine Addison for Coutts is pretty much a like for like deal in terms of money. The saving on Greens wages would easily make up the difference on the Jacobs deal in comparison to the Maguire one.

So this leads me to the Shackell money. We've received at least 1.1m I would like to think its more like 1.5m but theres no point getting into a debate where nobody has any proof. As we know the whole deal was done as we thought we could get a cheaper replacement so surely any centre back brought in will be for a maximum fee of 750k, but I would of more like 500k leaving us with up to 1mil to play with. The only other talk of players coming in as it stands are a cheap left back probably on a free with very small wages and a loan striker which should again be covered by getting Green, Croft and Shackells wages off the payroll.

So where is this money going to go?!

I have a sneaking suspicion that this along with money received for S Davies could see us get a striker costing as much as 1.5m and if Bailey goes possibly even more?

I would imagine even if Glick and Clough were planning to do this they wouldn't say anything about it as obviously they've promised such a striker before and not delivered so obviously wouldn't want to come out promising the next big thing.

With the likely incomings at the moment things just don't seem to stack up and surely Clough wouldn't agree to sell Shack if he didn't need too?! Could we be in for a surprise cash splashing??

So this leads me to the Shackell money. We've received at least 1.1m I would like to think its more like 1.5m but theres no point getting into a debate where nobody has any proof.

That's a nice thought but I doubt it. I'd be happy if the £1.1m was all up front, but I think that's unlikely too.

The only other talk of players coming in as it stands are a cheap left back probably on a free with very small wages and a loan striker which should again be covered by getting Green, Croft and Shackells wages off the payroll.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this along with money received for S Davies could see us get a striker costing as much as 1.5m and if Bailey goes possibly even more?

Possible, will definitely depend on what is available at the right price. I think there's only talk of getting a loan in at the moment because Davies hasn't gone anywhere yet and it's possible he may be here next year after all. Until he does I don't think they'll be the money to get the kind of player he'd want as a permanent replacement.

the fee of 1.1mill is a rumor, no one knows the true fee, only derby and burnley. Myself, i suspect it is substantially more than that figure. Glick didn't divuldge the actual fee but from the way he was talking i'd say it was higher and only undisclosed so they wouldn't be held to ransom on our targets.

the fee of 1.1mill is a rumor, no one knows the true fee, only derby and burnley. Myself, i suspect it is substantially more than that figure. Glick didn't divuldge the actual fee but from the way he was talking i'd say it was higher and only undisclosed so they wouldn't be held to ransom on our targets.

And Barnsley, the football league, and probably his agent just to name a couple, so my guess is that 1.1M is pretty much spot on.

Archived