7 Subs

Day

Awful decision. Squad size and number of substitutes is the sole reason for spiralling costs and the lack of competitiveness in football and why small teams can't hang onto their star players.

It basically allows teams with lots of money to hoard all the best players and means we don't get to see outfield players in goals anymore.

The substitute rulings, for me, are the biggest thing that is wrong with football - it allows big money to count.

Teams aren't forced to have 7 players on the bench. Derby probably just voted for it so some of the kids can get the experience of being in the first team, which wasn't really an option with 5 players on the bench - gives you the opportunity to bring 1 or 2 kids. Must have been popular because more teams wanted it then those who didn't.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful decision. Squad size and number of substitutes is the sole reason for spiralling costs and the lack of competitiveness in football and why small teams can't hang onto their star players.

It basically allows teams with lots of money to hoard all the best players and means we don't get to see outfield players in goals anymore.

The substitute rulings, for me, are the biggest thing that is wrong with football - it allows big money to count.

The Sole reason????

Teams aren't forced to have 7 players on the bench. Derby probably just voted for it so some of the kids can get the experience of being in the first team, which wasn't really an option with 5 players on the bench - gives you the opportunity to bring 1 or 2 kids. Must have been popular because more teams wanted it then those who didn't.

didn't clough say something along those lines about bennett and hughes? They would have played more if we could name 7.

Said the same about Maguire and a few others that I have forgotten.

Prem clubs have to name 25 players, but it comes with various rules, one of the most important being age, they don't have to register players under 21.

true bavies and bailey as well.

I thought they had to name up to 25, surely they can name less if they want? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

true bavies and bailey as well.

I thought they had to name up to 25, surely they can name less if they want? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You can, but if you don't name a full 25, then you are obviously a poor club, and this only highlights the [size=5]sole[/size] reason that football is going down the pan. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Archived