Inconsistencies when censoring (followed by a bit of a rant)...

trekkie_ram

I've just watched a few music videos on a music channel, this part was censored:

Fun - We Are Young

Give me a second I,

I need to get my story straight,

My friends are in the bathroom,

getting higher than the empire state

('higher' was simply removed)

Then, the very next song, nothing is censored, and in my opinion the drug reference is more obvious:

Drake - Take Care

It’s my birthday,

I get high if I want to,

Can’t deny that I want you,

but I lie if have to

I'm going off topic now, but I was in Asda yesterday, queuing for something I'd ordered online to be collected at store, it was the same counter as the cigarettes. The guy in front of me was easily 60yr old, and asked for some Hamlets, the jobsworth assistant slid the new style cabinet door open and closed, and told the man:

"we haven't got any Hamlets left, sorry",

"oh okay, what cigars do you have in stock?"

"I'm not allowed to tell you"

"say again?"

"I'm not allowed to tell you, you need to ask for a brand and I'll check again"

safe to say the conversation continued with the old man in justified disbelief, and the spotty jobsworth ***** on the counter held us all up.

And that DCFCFans, is what grinds my gears!!!!!!!

[size=2]Edit: I'm glad the word '*****' bypassed the forum censor, it feels poignant, and cheered me up.[/size]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's fair calling the lad a 'jobsworth *****'. He's only doing his job, as he's been told. And especially if he might not have worked there long, he's not gonna go against something he's been told.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Or blame Asda.

It gets on my nerves when I ask for fags too Trekkie. They can't let you browse now, in case kids are encouraged to smoke (which of course is a good thing) but I'm not convinced this method works.

But.

I am quite clearly over the legal age. On the whole I will buy my smokes where there are no kids present, so ffs let me have a look at the display.

What makes me laugh is the people serving me who are less than half my age and act in a patronising manner. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' /> Sod off, if I want a fag, I'll have one.

The idiot posh boys came up with this after asking other idiots 'what can we do to stop children smoking...' Why not make supermarkets that have more that x sq feet hide the cigs and not allow them to tell people what is in stock so it will delay the queue, people will get anoyed and the shop will get the blame.

******* hate this bunch of ***** that are in power, never done an honest days work between them, ******* idiots.

I don't think it's fair calling the lad a 'jobsworth *****'. He's only doing his job, as he's been told. And especially if he might not have worked there long, he's not gonna go against something he's been told.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Or blame Asda.

Mate, it wasn't just that incident that I used to form that opinion. The guy was a full on retard, as was the manageress.

The idiot posh boys came up with this after asking other idiots 'what can we do to stop children smoking...' Why not make supermarkets that have more that x sq feet hide the cigs and not allow them to tell people what is in stock so it will delay the queue, people will get anoyed and the shop will get the blame.

******* hate this bunch of ***** that are in power, never done an honest days work between them, ******* idiots.

Some muppets voted em in.......what the fook were they thinking.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

SillyBilly

I tell my nieces and nephews to go outside if I'm buying booze at the till now as I can't be bothered to clarify who I am buying the drink for. Common sense has just gone.

they did.they ticked either conservative or lib dem

The vote was for individual parties, the people did not give them the mandate for a coalition, it should be a hung parliment as no one was good enough to win out right.

And how would a hung parliament work? Who would do what job? What policies would they follow?

You would have a minority Conservative government which would quickly fold with a vote of no confidence and we would go back to the polls.

Archived