Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

No-one questioning why they're about to pay at least 350k more than they could have had him for last season before Howe pulled out and moved on to other targets. If he was so sure of him, why didn't he outbid us last year?

I can see why they're happy though, he will be a good signing for them.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then why not disclose the fee, I cant think of any good reason not too ?

Agree with you entirely. I raised the point before that it is impossible to judge a managers ability in the transfer market when we don't know the money he is spending/bringing in.

Unfortunately seems to be agreements between a lot of clubs these days to make the transfer fees undisclosed.

Also he was the one that came out with all the statements.

thing is players come and players go, it sounds like Clough got the offer he wanted. Would Shackell sign a contract extension? Would we be having to sell Shackell cheap because his contract running in 12 -18 months time.

League 1 with this tactic.

couldnt agree more no cover at cb all weve got is 1 fit defender and ob is he fit yet ,no cover in cmf and our joint top scorer from last season on the move going down before weve even kicked a ball this season

couldnt agree more no cover at cb all weve got is 1 fit defender and ob is he fit yet ,no cover in cmf and our joint top scorer from last season on the move going down before weve even kicked a ball this season

Remind me when the season starts again?

I cannot believe how much of this **** some of you are willng to take from this club. The figure being quoted for Shackell is £1.1 million, which means we'll make next to nothing in profit - we will not replace a player of his quality at this level for the kind of money we'll get. Can you not see how we are being had over by this board and their spineless mouthpiece of a manager? We are being turned into another Crewe; a feeder club for others to cherry pick our best talent from while we plod along hoping against hope for a miracle to occur, and somehow build a team better than those other clubs with £12 million in the bank from the Prem, or those who actually have boards who back their manager with decent transfer funds.. We will NEVER get promoted with GSE/Clough in charge. Those of you who believe we will are in cloud cuckoo land.

Agree to a certain extent - I am not a board lover at all, they are in it for the profit and that is that. Unless the fans decide to walk out and not watch them then we are stuck with them until we do eventually make the prem where you will see the quickest sale of a football club ever.

However, we are where we are - Nigel cannot bring players in without raising funds - he believes that he can get more money than Shackell is worth and replace him for less - I personally agree with this and think it is good business. We have very little to go on in terms of how much money we will receive and I am sure that Nigel won't be telling the world how much we get as well because we will then be held to ransom (like we are hopefully doing to Burnley who made public the figure they sold their striker for).

Shackell is a good player - one of our best, but he is not going to get any better at his age and he is definitely replacable.

Is this all off RD? I keep missing it.

It will be undisclosed. All RD said was they believe a bid has been accepted in excess of 1 million and Shacks is gonna meet them in the next 24 hours to agree personal terms.

Remind me when the season starts again?

at this rate we wont have ateam to start with like i said no cover at center back no cover at left back no cover in central midfield and even sdavis is going soon all we will replace them with will be lower division players cos this board wont let us spend any money for a decent player cos the wages we pay are far to low

Archived