Petrol, Pasties, Stamps...

MrsRam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a chance, possibly get more as the business mail is completly different. If you sent 10,000 items 1st Class you would expect to pay £6,000 when the new tariff comes in.

A business that is set up for generating junk mail would have a business account with Royal Mail, and depending on how well they prepare their mailouts their cost could be as low as £2,800, less than half price.

I think I get 9,999 of those.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

I think I get 9,999 of those.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Use these sites to register, eventually it slows down and can eventually stop

Addressed junk mail

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/ for the adults

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/bmpsr/ for the younger ones

and sadly for ones that have passed on http://www.the-bereavement-register.org.uk/

Also for the ones you have got or will get for a while after, simply cross out your address, write 'Unsolicited mail, please return to sender' on the envelope and put it back in the post, unstamped. They are obliged to remove your name from the database as well.

Unaddressed, delivered by Royal Mail email them at optout@royalmail.com and they will send you a form.

Hope that helps

anybody who has voted for this ridiculous coalition government should be ashamed of themselves.

The thing is the people voted for no one to have outright power, however the lib dems decided that they could raise their profile by forming a coalition, unfortunatly now everyone is being shafted, unless you are rich and buy a seat at Double Dip Dave's dinner parties.

The pricing is to do with the Universal Postal Service, whilst it is an EU directive virtually all 1st world countries adhere to it.

[url=http://www.consumerfocus.org.uk/policy-research/post/background-briefings/universal-postal-service]http://www.consumerf...-postal-service

Not a chance, possibly get more as the business mail is completly different. If you sent 10,000 items 1st Class you would expect to pay £6,000 when the new tariff comes in.

A business that is set up for generating junk mail would have a business account with Royal Mail, and depending on how well they prepare their mailouts their cost could be as low as £2,800, less than half price.

I'd have thought the pricing was more to do with the fact that the Royal Mail hemorrhages money, price rises are not uncommon, this just happens to be the largest.

It doesn't matter whether you have a business account with the RM or not, businesses still have to pay more if prices rise regardless of scale. You say £2800 like its a bargain basement price, it isn't that low for a small or medium size entreprise doing monthly mailshots struggling to stay afloat in this economy- any business forum will tell you that. The change won't affect me adversely but that doesn't stop me expressing concern for what it may mean for the largest contributors to our economy- small businesses.

I'd have thought the pricing was more to do with the fact that the Royal Mail hemorrhages money, price rises are not uncommon, this just happens to be the largest.

It doesn't matter whether you have a business account with the RM or not, businesses still have to pay more if prices rise regardless of scale. You say £2800 like its a bargain basement price, it isn't that low for a small or medium size entreprise doing monthly mailshots struggling to stay afloat in this economy- any business forum will tell you that. The change won't affect me adversely but that doesn't stop me expressing concern for what it may mean for the largest contributors to our economy- small businesses.

If you read it in context it referred to high volume mail houses and not to SME's. £2,800 is a bargin price to have 10k items delivered to various addresses across the UK.

SME's can vastly reduce their postal expenditure in various different ways.

SME's can vastly reduce their postal expenditure in various different ways.

Don't remind me, it seems I get an email every week from Pitney Bowes trying to flog me a franking machine, the point is it doesn't matter, what you are paying now WILL increase no matter how you process your mail. And just a 2p or 3p rise per mail is a massive increase imo for a lot of businesses. I'm in full agreement that prices need to be raised to reflect the service by the way, just one of those things in the short term that tends to be very noticeable on the balance sheet.

The increase is purely to give the private companies an instant profit margin when its finally given away sold off. The current universal price makes profits in some areas and losses in others, overall its designed to balance out so it makes no difference if you post a letter in Derby or the Outer Hebrides.

Privatisation of Royal Mail will turn it into a choice between DHL and TNT. Large population areas will have competition for your post but rural areas will not.

Postmen will lose their jobs or work for less with worse conditions, less holidays etc.

If we keep selling off everything to the private sector we'll soon be able to compete with China and India on wages....happy days!

yeah I think so too, prices go up it's called inflation not always some evil ploy by whoever.

the fuel thing is different though but again not some evil ploy folk want to believe. the stuff we put in our cars is a byproduct no matter how much they try and tart it up. even with North Sea oil we tax the hell out of it, irrespective of which government in the last 40 years. then you have fluctuating oil prices and international cartels fixing the price per barrel, not something any UK government has an influence on.....

a fair question would be why our fuel prices are way higher than other similar national economies which are 100% reliant on fuel imports.

also with the fuel scare thing, I'm not the only one who could see that the union was going to strike over the easter bank holiday weekend, fortunately for us all they did'nt have to with the media hype and forecourt queues.....

anybody who has voted for this ridiculous coalition government should be ashamed of themselves.

using the same logic should anyone who voted for a government who blew the national debt sky high and sold off the country's gold reserves at such a low price be ashamed of themselves too?

using the same logic should anyone who voted for a government who blew the national debt sky high and sold off the country's gold reserves at such a low price be ashamed of themselves too?

The national debt quadroupled when they had to bail the banks out, which they had to do. Osbourne at the time was demanding less regulation than there was already, the selling of the gold there is no defence for as far as I can see. But the national debt there is a certainly a defence for the government at the time.

The national debt quadroupled when they had to bail the banks out, which they had to do. Osbourne at the time was demanding less regulation than there was already, the selling of the gold there is no defence for as far as I can see. But the national debt there is a certainly a defence for the government at the time.

spot on.

lol, those nasty evil Tories, Lib dems, and bankers

the national debt was spiralling out of control before the bank bailouts....

also, nothing to do with reckless consumer debt? the welfare and sueing culture? inefficiency and job creationism within the public sector and their out of proportion pensions?

plenty iof factors but of course blame the bogeymen!

lol, those nasty evil Tories, Lib dems, and bankers

the national debt was spiralling out of control before the bank bailouts....

also, nothing to do with reckless consumer debt? the welfare and sueing culture? inefficiency and job creationism within the public sector and their out of proportion pensions?

plenty iof factors but of course blame the bogeymen!

you have wrote much without saying much. My only point was that the national debt quadroupled from bailing the banks out simple as. You haven't refuted that point. You talk about a welfare culture, but what about a tax evasion culture? more money is lost through tax evasion than through welfare spending. It isn't just the banks fault, people should have been smarter. However the big banking institutions have to take some responsibility for this. The balance sheets were poor, they were bloated on toxic debt and encouraged naivity in the general populus. The banks gave people easy credit and people beign greedy took it, the banks should have realized and they didn't.

I believe the condem coalition are cutting unnecesarily, under Darling we were growing and would be in a stronger position than now and like America investment creates jobs and when we were back on track then we could cut our deficit and spending programmes.

Archived