Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was certainly quick enough against us. Fits in with the pacy forward category but I think the only player we might spend close to a million on would be Shackell. The attack is going to be made up of bargain basement and inside forwards (showing my age!).

Agree, now we have Tyson that's it up top I'm afraid. I would think it was hilarious though if we signed another CF and made Tyson play out wide!

Wouldn't mind him at Derby

[sIZE=6]Jewell cools St Ledger talk[/sIZE]

[sIZE=4]Ipswich boss claims deal is 'long, long way from happening'[/sIZE]

Paul Jewell says Ipswich have made an enquiry over Preston defender Sean St Ledger, but insists no firm bid has been tabled.

Jewell is a long-time admirer of the Republic of Ireland centre-back, who looks set to leave Deepdale following North End's relegation to League One.

But while not ruling out a swoop for the 26-year-old, the Tractor Boys boss says no concrete offer has been made.

"I spoke to (Preston chairman) Maurice Lindsey on Sunday just to make an enquiry about Sean but it's a long, long way from happening," said Jewell.

"He's just one of many players we are looking at and I can't say much more than that."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6989266,00.html

Would it be worth enquiring about Matt Derbyshire?

Went to Olympiakos, scored 15 in 36, then a new manager came in and sent him on loan to Birmingham.

Granted he didn't score many but he also didn't play many either. The fee being talked around the million mark (yes, it says in the article not a £1m but that was the agreed fee). Is he worth trying to sign? Contract up next season, so either buy now or loan for a season then gamble on getting him on a free transfer if he proves successful.

"Meanwhile, suggestions that Matt Derbyshire could return for Blues from Olympiakos are unfounded.

There has been speculation that a £1 million fee would secure striker Derbyshire, who spent the season on loan from the Greeks.

But that was not the option figure in the agreement and McLeish has no intention of re-engaging Derbyshire anyway.

The former Blackburn Rovers striker made four Premier League starts for Blues and scored three goals, in the Carling and FA Cups.

From the end of January through to March he did not feature at all and was way down the pecking order after Obafemi Martins was drafted in from Rubin Kazan.

Derbyshire was frustrated by a lack of opportunity and returned to Olympiakos when his loan expired last month."

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/wolverhampton-wanderers-news/2011/06/08/wolves-make-contact-with-birmingham-city-regarding-roger-johnson-97319-28842115/

Would like us to try and get Ryan Bertrand in on loan. Looked decent for the Under-21's yesterday, and would be much a better option than Gareth Roberts. We definitely need to get a new LB though..

His crossing was woefull did you see the game? I think him and Rose were having a contest who could kick the ball the furthest

I've been watching the Dutch Eredivisie for quite some years now, and there are definitely some interesting players who's contracts are set to expire this season..

Luigi Bruins from Feyenoord. Good, technical midfielder. Can be a bit lazy though.

Calvin Jong-A-Pin from Heerenveen. Left-back who made it into the Dutch u21 national team. Heerenveen want to keep him, but he wants to go.

Danny Koevermans from PSV. Powerful striker, passionate.

Dwight Tiendalli from FC Twente. Played an important role in Twente's league win in the 2009/2010 season. So far he hasn't agreed on a new deal with Twente yet and appears to be leaving the club. Can play at both right and left back.

Who's got Clough's e-mail for me? ;).

I've been watching the Dutch Eredivisie for quite some years now, and there are definitely some interesting players who's contracts are set to expire this season..

Luigi Bruins from Feyenoord. Good, technical midfielder. Can be a bit lazy though.

Calvin Jong-A-Pin from Heerenveen. Left-back who made it into the Dutch u21 national team. Heerenveen want to keep him, but he wants to go.

Dwight Tiendalli from FC Twente. Played an important role in Twente's league win in the 2009/2010 season. So far he hasn't agreed on a new deal with Twente yet and appears to be leaving the club. Can play at both right and left back.

Do you think them type of players would come and play in the Championship?

Email Tom Glick your suggestions, he usually replies to supporters emails.

tom.glick@dcfc.co.uk

Paul Jewell admits Jimmy Bullard will probably not play for Ipswich again due to the finances involved.

The Hull Cityhttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer midfielder proved a hit with the Tractor Boys while on loan at Portman Road for the the second half of last term.

While Jewellhttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer admits he would love to bring the 32-year-old back to the club and the Tigers want him off their wage bill, an agreement can not be reached which is suitable to all parties involved.

He told Radio Suffolk: "The owners there are not prepared to let Jimmy go out on loan unless there's a huge contribution to his wages.

"It's a deal we'd both like to do but if it's a messy deal financially you just can't do it."

Paul Jewell Quotes of the week

"It's a deal we'd both like to do but if it's a messy deal financially you just can't do it.

[sIZE=3]Finances speak[/sIZE]

"Jimmy was great for us and I think we were good to Jimmy. But finances speak at the end of the day.

"Jimmy's on a fantastic contract there, he's on a top Premier League contract, everybody knows that.

"He probably won't play here again. That's not through a lack of ambition, it's just through being realistic - we can't pay the money Hull and Jimmy are looking for.

"Jimmy's got two years left on a huge deal and after hours of negotiations it's not going to happen."

I think if derby could get him he would replace savage in midfield, and someone who can actully develier some decent free kicks and corners he could just the man we need.

Paul Jewell admits Jimmy Bullard will probably not play for Ipswich again due to the finances involved.

The Hull Cityhttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer midfielder proved a hit with the Tractor Boys while on loan at Portman Road for the the second half of last term.

While Jewellhttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer admits he would love to bring the 32-year-old back to the club and the Tigers want him off their wage bill, an agreement can not be reached which is suitable to all parties involved.

He told Radio Suffolk: "The owners there are not prepared to let Jimmy go out on loan unless there's a huge contribution to his wages.

"It's a deal we'd both like to do but if it's a messy deal financially you just can't do it."

Paul Jewell Quotes of the week

"It's a deal we'd both like to do but if it's a messy deal financially you just can't do it.

Finances speak

"Jimmy was great for us and I think we were good to Jimmy. But finances speak at the end of the day.

"Jimmy's on a fantastic contract there, he's on a top Premier League contract, everybody knows that.

"He probably won't play here again. That's not through a lack of ambition, it's just through being realistic - we can't pay the money Hull and Jimmy are looking for.

"Jimmy's got two years left on a huge deal and after hours of negotiations it's not going to happen."

I think if derby could get him he would replace savage in midfield, and someone who can actully develier some decent free kicks and corners he could just the man we need.

If Ipswich can't pay for him, how the hell do you expect us to? We have spent years trying to get this wage bill down and now your wanting to buy Bullard and completely undo what the board has been doing?! he will probably get injured in a game or 2 anyway.

Get your head out of the clouds, come up with some believable and proper topics instead of this drivel you constantly spew out, your driving me (I'm guessing some others too) crazy!

Archived