Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

He's a c

Anthony Gardner is still unsure whether he will be joining Crystal Palace on a permanent basis.

The former Tottenham defender, who won an England cap in 2004, is without a club after being released by Hull Cityhttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer at the end of the season.

The 29-year-old was on loan at Crystal Palacehttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer over the course of this season, making 28 league appearances for the Eagles as he managed to shake off several years of injury problems.

An offer is reportedly on the table from Palace, but Gardner,http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer who is currently on holiday in Ireland, admits he has made no decision yet.

[sIZE=3]No decision[/sIZE]

"There's been no decision made on my future as it stands," Gardner told the Advertiser.

"I'm not really having too much to do with it.

"My agent is handling the negotiations but hopefully it should all be tied up soon.

"All I can say at the moment is I enjoyed my time at Palace."

maybe if derby get in there quick maybe he could be a play maker as at palace if my memory severs me right, he used to link the play up them and knows how deliver good set peacies for them, and even scored a few for them from them, he created more than he scored.[/quot

He's not a playmaker mate, he's a centre-back. He's scored 8 goals in his entire career.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anthony Gardner is still unsure whether he will be joining Crystal Palace on a permanent basis.

The former Tottenham defender, who won an England cap in 2004, is without a club after being released by Hull City at the end of the season.

The 29-year-old was on loan at Crystal Palace over the course of this season, making 28 league appearances for the Eagles as he managed to shake off several years of injury problems.

An offer is reportedly on the table from Palace, but Gardner, who is currently on holiday in Ireland, admits he has made no decision yet.

"There's been no decision made on my future as it stands," Gardner told the Advertiser.

"My agent is handling the negotiations but hopefully it should all be tied up soon.

maybe if derby get in there quick maybe he could be a play maker as at palace if my memory severs me right, he used to link the play up them and knows how deliver good set peacies for them, and even scored a few for them from them, he created more than he scored.

He's a centre back. a bit of a carthorse too.

The former Tottenham defender, who won an England cap in 2004, is without a club after being released by Hull Cityhttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer at the end of the season.

The 29-year-old was on loan at Crystal Palacehttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer over the course of this season, making 28 league appearances for the Eagles as he managed to shake off several years of injury problems.

An offer is reportedly on the table from Palace, but Gardner,http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer who is currently on holiday in Ireland, admits he has made no decision yet.

maybe if derby get in there quick maybe he could be a play maker as at palace if my memory severs me right, he used to link the play up them and knows how deliver good set peacies for them, and even scored a few for them from them, he created more than he scored.

He's not a playmaker mate, he's a centre-back. He's scored 8 goals in his entire career.

craig mackail smith was fantastic today, he'd cost a bomb but hes top notch

He was fantastic. Missed some chances that he 'should' easily have slotted away, But what a sign of determination to keep plugging and not let it unsettle you. That sort of thinking is the type of players that every club needs. Never write themselves off as having 'a bad day at the office' and plug away and make amends.

Anybody else see the story printed on the telegraph about Glick claiming next season wasn't make or break for the Rams?

I kind of got the impression that the big, impressive squad overhaul they promised isn't going very well so he is pre empting the inevitable criticism already.

I renewed my ST but I dearly hope we aren't going to experience another season of pushing for 50 points. I'm not expecting us to win the league or anything crazy, I just want Derby to be competitive for once in a very long time.

Anybody else see the story printed on the telegraph about Glick claiming next season wasn't make or break for the Rams?

I kind of got the impression that the big, impressive squad overhaul they promised isn't going very well so he is pre empting the inevitable criticism already.

I renewed my ST but I dearly hope we aren't going to experience another season of pushing for 50 points. I'm not expecting us to win the league or anything crazy, I just want Derby to be competitive for once in a very long time.

i posted that a couple of weeks ago. [sIZE=16px]it really looks like the early justification for the possible failure.[/sIZE]

It could be down to the fact that so many people were going on about how much of a disaster it will be if we don't finish top 6 and how clough/glick/both need to go if we aren't in the play offs at least?

He was fantastic. Missed some chances that he 'should' easily have slotted away, But what a sign of determination to keep plugging and not let it unsettle you. That sort of thinking is the type of players that every club needs. Never write themselves off as having 'a bad day at the office' and plug away and make amends.

Im unsure about Mackail Smith, yes he's scored a lot of goals but for a very successful Peterborough team in League 1 & 2 who constantly attack and create **** loads of chances. The times i've seen him he's had a lot of chances and normally stuck at least one away, coming to a side like us who arent as attacking, currently havent got any creativity and up against better players i dont think he'll be effective. Could be way off the mark but just a hunch.

Im unsure about Mackail Smith, yes he's scored a lot of goals but for a very successful Peterborough team in League 1 & 2 who constantly attack and create **** loads of chances. The times i've seen him he's had a lot of chances and normally stuck at least one away, coming to a side like us who arent as attacking, currently havent got any creativity and up against better players i dont think he'll be effective. Could be way off the mark but just a hunch.

That's my thinking what Glenn Murray.

I just think that Mackail-Smith offers something different, as well as goals.

That's my thinking what Glenn Murray.

I just think that Mackail-Smith offers something different, as well as goals.

Mackail Smith offers running/work rate as well as goals. Similar to how Murray brings more of an aerial threat and the ability to bring other plays into the game. Difference is i could see Mackail Smith turning into a bit of a Tito Villa, works his b*llocks off and the fans love him for it but just doenst quite cut it on the goal scoring front. But then if Murray didnt score, he'd be more of Kuqi in that he does offer something useful that helps the team score goals.

All ifs and buts and we'll see how both get on next season, i think we made the right decision not to get Murray (if we were interested in him at all), too much of a risk.

Jack Cork is apparently going to southapton according to his Wiki but could be going to burnley or florist acocrding to sky. he's looked really good when i've seen him and isn't going to be at chelsea next year. can play lb, rb, cb, dm or cm and has been known to put a shift in on the wings.

sounds like he fits the bill perfectly but he will be one of those players in a few years where i say to myself "should have signed him" while he plays well for a mid table club and impresses and gets sold on for 5,6,7 times what was paid for him.

Archived