Jake Buxton (Supersub) ;)

lil_miss_s

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is brought on to run down the clock and waste time. He cannot be trusted to play for longer than 10 minutes because he is simply not good enough at this level.

you obviously don't watch derby county!!! The man is immense!!

You may have noticed, that a player that goes by the name of 'Lionel Messi' scored 5 goals tonight against a fellow champions league team. How many has he EVER scored past Jake Buxton? The man is a GOD! (Jake Buxton not Lionel Messi)

You may have noticed, that a player that goes by the name of 'Lionel Messi' scored 5 goals tonight against a fellow champions league team. How many has he EVER scored past Jake Buxton? The man is a GOD! (Jake Buxton not Lionel Messi)

He really is, and if you want a fact for that, he even has water named after him. Not to mention that North Derbyshire village.What a guy.

He really is, and if you want a fact for that, he even has water named after him. Not to mention that North Derbyshire village.What a guy.

never heard of this jake water you speak of. Barker has the sound a dog makes named after him.

Im one of the few people which actually like him lol, he's never done anything so wrong to say he's a bad player....

Apart from his obvious lack of mobility and pace I agree. Him and Addy looked a good partnership a few years back when both were fit, scoring from corners galore!

I think he's ok to do what he currently does. We're obviously set up to hang on to games under Nige so it's worth keeping him to help the back 5 see out a game.

Apart from his obvious lack of mobility and pace I agree. Him and Addy looked a good partnership a few years back when both were fit, scoring from corners galore!

I think he's ok to do what he currently does. We're obviously set up to hang on to games under Nige so it's worth keeping him to help the back 5 see out a game.

More than worth keeping in my book. He is actually quite a valuable member of the squad- brave, strong and massive of heart. He is being used now as a player to protect a point or points but he is a capable stand in at CB if needed. It is a shame that he is written off as not good enough, he is what he is- no frills but effective.

He is brought on by NC for one particular reason.

NC tells him what he wants him to do, and he goes onto the pitch and 'does it' - to the best of ability every time.

And to be fair to him and the manager, I believe it's accomplished the aim every time - "don't concede stupid late goals".

Archived