Wardy has thigh injury

Curtains

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough was saying yesterday that Bavies was not out of his plans and is the 17th man at the minute- with Jamie out it should pave the way for him to return. It would be interesting to see Theo given a start in Wardies role I think and see what he can do. I would have Theo on the left, Tyson or Bavies on the right and Maguire through the middle. Very much doubt Clough would try this but we may see Savies getting a start at CF

It's fair to say Wardy has not had a fantastic February but he still remains one of the best players in the squad. I wish he'd stop diving about all over the place though, cos he does do it.

Theo on the left? Can't see that working, his touch is awful he only works in the middle where his pace compensates.

I imagine Naylor will start and we'll see 4 CM's across the middle

Just thought it might be worth a punt as he always seems to end up there anyway! We definitely need to shake things up and its a shame to say but Ball just isn't good enough (yet?) to play as our CF- maybe he will grow into it but he clearly isn't the answer. Maguire needs to be given a game, or Savies (not a fan though) or Theo. Would be nice to see us play a real attacking game like earlier in the seasons and not just holding on and hoping for the best. If confidence is the problem then playing with those negative tactics isn't going to help any!

Just thought it might be worth a punt as he always seems to end up there anyway! We definitely need to shake things up and its a shame to say but Ball just isn't good enough (yet?) to play as our CF- maybe he will grow into it but he clearly isn't the answer. Maguire needs to be given a game, or Savies (not a fan though) or Theo. Would be nice to see us play a real attacking game like earlier in the seasons and not just holding on and hoping for the best. If confidence is the problem then playing with those negative tactics isn't going to help any!

Agree about Ball but then it's a big ask for a youngster to be the only main striker. I would like to see Tyson out wide and I'd even take B Davies back on the right. But then I'd play Maguire behind the front man of Robinson with Bryson and Bailey in the middle and I know it won't happen.

Oh well now Fabio has gone maybe I can at least get excited by England games again. I just await similar excitement from Derby.

Archived