Lightweight

Hoggy

Hi new poster here. I find it quite odd how players like Bueno and Cywka to some extent are deemed to be too lightweight for this division by our manager yet they are persisting with young Tom Carroll. Anyone else think the same?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi new poster here. I find it quite odd how players like Bueno and Cywka to some extent are deemed to be too lightweight for this division by our manager yet they are persisting with young Tom Carroll. Anyone else think the same?

Yes NC doesn't seem to like the flair players but he seems to play Carroll who doesn't seem to be good at anything apart from the odd great pass. Is he being played because he is from Spurs

There are the rumours that spurs pay his wages if he plays full games which if true is great for spurs and Carroll.

It just begs the question why would we agree to this, not really fair in the the likes of Bailey who was doing ok!

NC said it was pointless bringing in loans if they don't improve the team and whilst I think Carroll has potential to be a good player in 3 or 4 years time right now Bailey is more usefull to us at this time.

And people say Bueno was too lightweight lol

Yes NC doesn't seem to like the flair players but he seems to play Carroll who doesn't seem to be good at anything apart from the odd great pass. Is he being played because he is from Spurs

I wouldn't say that Clough likes flair players, i think that's what we're often lacking. He just tends to like work horses.

I heard a rumour on Thursday, that he's got to play as art of the contract, and if he doesn't play a majority of the matches then he'd be recalled.

I heard that as well. Spurs have agreed to pay all of his wages as long as we start him every game and plays at least 75 mins.

I think he's good. Lightweight? Certainly!! Bryson couldnt push over a blade of grass and Hendrick and Bailey couldn't push anyone stronger than Bryson. I've seen more aggression on an episode of songs of praise.

Carroll might be the weakest of a weak bunch, but he's brave enough to receive the ball. He works hard to find space. If our team were to achieve 50% possession he'd look better for it.

What makes him look bad, and the rest of them, is there's no one in there to inspire them. To get them with their chests out and chins up.

I think they're all ok individually, but together the whole lot of them make Pearson and Savage look like Keane and Vieira.

Our balance is poor. I was surprised Spurs thought of us as a passing/possession team (what they wanted to loan him to). From memory we haven't controlled a midfield battle for sustained period.

Archived