Lightweight

Hoggy

I think he's good. Lightweight? Certainly!! Bryson couldnt push over a blade of grass and Hendrick and Bailey couldn't push anyone stronger than Bryson. I've seen more aggression on an episode of songs of praise.

Carroll might be the weakest of a weak bunch, but he's brave enough to receive the ball. He works hard to find space. If our team were to achieve 50% possession he'd look better for it.

What makes him look bad, and the rest of them, is there's no one in there to inspire them. To get them with their chests out and chins up.

I think they're all ok individually, but together the whole lot of them make Pearson and Savage look like Keane and Vieira.

Our balance is poor. I was surprised Spurs thought of us as a passing/possession team (what they wanted to loan him to). From memory we haven't controlled a midfield battle for sustained period.

Great comment in bold.

Carroll always looks for the ball, always asking for it. He holds his hand out to say he's ready. Made a few mistakes t'other night but he played a few good passes as well, won the ball back a few times.

He's played 5 games, jebus.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have a go at Clough saying he doesn't like flair players.....I think he does or he would never have bothered with Bueno, Bannan or Carroll.

My criticism is totally opposite, I think he doesn't want a bruiser in midfield. He wants a mobile, interchangeable group who will keep the ball, tippy-tappy it about while trying to lure the opposition out and have the flair player ready for the killer ball.

Its hellishly difficult to do that in this league unless you can afford/attract the more accomplished players.

Its my belief that Clough needs to accept its not feasible just at the minute to play like that and stick a Seth Johnson/Van Der Laan type in front of the back four instead.

Or Miles. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

It wouldn't necessarily please the purists who want to see Barca type football but it would make us more solid and give the fans a hero type player to worship.

Might even allow the others to pass the ball further up the field where it might hurt the other team.

People have a go at Clough saying he doesn't like flair players.....I think he does or he would never have bothered with Bueno, Bannan or Carroll.

My criticism is totally opposite, I think he doesn't want a bruiser in midfield. He wants a mobile, interchangeable group who will keep the ball, tippy-tappy it about while trying to lure the opposition out and have the flair player ready for the killer ball.

Its hellishly difficult to do that in this league unless you can afford/attract the more accomplished players.

Its my belief that Clough needs to accept its not feasible just at the minute to play like that and stick a Seth Johnson/Van Der Laan type in front of the back four instead.

Or Miles. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

It wouldn't necessarily please the purists who want to see Barca type football but it would make us more solid and give the fans a hero type player to worship.

Might even allow the others to pass the ball further up the field where it might hurt the other team.

Agree with the need to find a balence although we lack both, power and flair.

Look at Man City for all there quality there not quite the same without YayaToure who don't get me wrong is also top quality aswell ability wise but the sheer power gives them another dimension.

Ok Man City is proberly not the best team to compare with considering our finances just using it as example that even the top teams need that balence.

Archived