Goin' to the Dogs?

Deano

Health professionals hate the governments proposed NHS reforms.

Soldiers being made redundant.

Bailing Greece/Ireland and others out to the combined tune of billions.

Firemen will be going on strike soon due to being forced to increase pension contributions and work an extra 10 years.

Bankers owned by taxpayers getting big bonuses.

How is this government doing do you think guys? Any other good news I have missed?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Health professionals hate the governments proposed NHS reforms.

Soldiers being made redundant.

Bailing Greece/Ireland and others out to the combined tune of billions.

Firemen will be going on strike soon due to being forced to increase pension contributions and work an extra 10 years.

Bankers owned by taxpayers getting big bonuses.

How is this government doing do you think guys? Any other good news I have missed?

I can sum they're performance in one word.......crap........... on that note keep it civil folks, these subjects have a habit of leading to warnings/bans 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Thought this was about 'going to the dogs' as in greyhound racing.

We've been discussing going for me birthday - didn't know whether to go full meal, or just pie and a pint.

Anyway, sorry for the interruption....

well the Irish bailout was needed and the Greek bailout is extremely complicated and as far as I am aware we haven't directly contributed to this. We have gave money to the IMF but that is different. I think the government came in at a extremely difficult time, but I don't support what they are doing. I think the deficit reduction is to a point needed, but the future is far from secure. I disagree with their education, health and other such policies big time. I really dislike Gove.

The country is ****ed whoever is in charge, Labour and the Conservatives have both proved as much. I'd be gone tomorrow if my wife wasn't so belligerent about staying, don't see much future for my little one.

Headlines in todays Independent.

(sorry, yesterdays!)

25% Increase in people sleeping rough in the last 12 months.

Numbers of different age groups living together approaching Victorian levels. (Grown up children and grandchildren sharing same house).

Immigration up by 15% (200,000 more immigrants, mainly from India and Pakistan, than the previous year).

David Cameron's "family tsar" resigned due to allegations of fraud.

The only good news was the ex-squaddie Labour MP who got ratarsed in the House of Commons bar and punched and headbutted 3 Tory MP's, shouting "theres too many tories in here" and "fascist *******", before being subdued by 6 policemen and arrested.

I'd vote for him!

Archived